Tech > Tech Help

Steering out of alignment

(1/3) > >>

ihartc4:
Was headed home a few days ago and in the middle of the roundabout the person in front of me slammed on their brakes FOR NO REASON!!!   :(.  Followed suit with a panic stop and went flying head over heels.  It's ok, the other driver took off in a hurry. 

Anyway, am perfectly fine (I always wear all my gear, though my hip has a nice bruise) but the steering is out of alignment. 

I don't own a motorcycle stand and am not quite sure what it means to" loosen the triple fork bolts".  Wondering if anyone knew someone around Olympia/Tacoma area who wouldn't mind doing a driveway repair for about $40.   

Thanks for the help in advance! 
Stay classy

firepower:
Think that means loosen the bolts holding the forks in place.
see photo

Richard230:
Try standing in front of the bike with the front wheel between your legs and attempt to twist the handlebars so as to straighten them out.  Sometimes that will work.  Otherwise (assuming that the bars are not actually bent), you will have to loosen the bolts fastening the upper and lower triple clamps to the forks slightly and then try the same thing with the bars to straighten them out.  If that works tighten the clamp bolts to secure the forks.  Just don't loosen them too much or the front of the bike will slip down the fork tubes and then you will need help to get everything back together again.

Attached are photos of the clamp bolts.

Richard230:
It looks like Firepower's Zero has a better clamping system than does my 2014 Zero S.  But whichever model Zero you have the same concept and terminology applies.  Good luck!   :)

firepower:
I dont have a zero, just posted pic from zero 2013 S promo pics, But i hopefully will have a 2015 SR  soon :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version