• April 29, 2024, 07:44:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2014-2015 Zero battery life estimates  (Read 2589 times)

Doug S

• View Profile
Re: 2014-2015 Zero battery life estimates
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 12:49:00 AM »

What did I do to get you so worked up, Ted? To the point that everything I say has to be refuted, denied, argued with?

Li-Po simply does NOT refer to a specific chemistry, whatever you and the RC crowd may think, or how you may use the term. Strictly speaking, it refers to a Li-ion battery which has a polymerized, or "gelled" electrolyte. That meaning has been expanded somewhat to refer to pretty much all pouch-type cells. But it has nothing to do with the chemistry.

I HAVE read through pretty much all of the "Battery U" website, and I haven't seen a single place where they refute what I've said. Where, exactly, do you see them saying something different? I'm happy to admit when I'm proven wrong...you just haven't shown me anything that proves me wrong yet. Even your favorite reference, Battery U, just doesn't back up what you're saying. You won't find a single authoritative reference that equates Li-Po with a particular chemistry.

Actually, yes, I DO know more than you. Not just because I'm an EE who actually works in the field, and has spent years studying the subject, but also because I keep an open mind and don't cling to my wrong perceptions regardless of the facts. I don't pretend to speak for every EV forum online, or every single person in the community, but facts are facts.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

teddillard

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 01:17:02 AM »

OK, I just deleted my last attempts to bring this thread back to it's topic and make some actual contribution to the group.  Anyone who makes the comment "I DO know more than you..." not only shows no understanding or knowledge of my own work in the field, and probably most other contributors, but deserves none of my respect, either. 

How you can make that claim, yet also claim you have an open mind, I can't fathom.  If you can read my contributions to Endless Sphere, Elmoto since 2008, here, my blog since 2007 and my work on InsideEVs and say I'm not open to saying I'm wrong and learning and that I cling to my wrong perceptions, then I simply don't know what to say.  All that statement says to me is that you have an inflated opinion of yourself and are not interested in anything but salvaging your ego.

More likely, you've read none of this, and are simply responding once again to someone pointing out you're incorrect, which is all I did.  All I did in the previous threads in which you said I was being "uncivil" was to disagree with you.  I was laboring under the delusion that we were having a discussion where some people don't agree.

As far as your use of "lipo" goes, I have little confidence that I'm going to convince you of anything, so you can go right ahead and perpetuate the misuse of the term.  Anybody who's interested can learn the more common and correct use through the links I've already given, and speak using terminology that people understand.  All I have to do is point to steven_first's comment to illustrate the confusion the term "lipo" causes.

Apologies to the rest of the group for the addressing of a personal attack and my own resultant personal rant, but I've had enough.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:41:17 PM by teddillard »

teddillard

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 04:20:14 PM »

Thanks for bringing a lot of things I've been thinking about over the last few weeks into clear focus:

https://evmc2.wordpress.com/2015/03/26/the-structure-of-breakthrough-technology-adoption/

teddillard

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 04:36:10 PM »

...not one to pass up an opportunity to beat a dead horse, apparently the entire community at DIYElectricCar.com is as wrong as I am:

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-7865546952023728%3A7638732447&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=UTF-8&q=lipo&sa=Search

:P

I'm looking forward to seeing you go over there and correct them. That oughta be good.  Hope you're still keeping an open mind.   8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:52:49 PM by teddillard »
Pages: 1 [2]