• April 28, 2024, 08:58:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bar ends: wich one will fit a Zero S  (Read 2328 times)

RodChile

• View Profile
Bar ends: wich one will fit a Zero S
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:09:26 PM »

Hi guys, i´m a newbie in terms of a motorcycle user but my first one is a Zero S.

I'll like to know wich size bar ends will fit my 2014 Zeros S  handlebar. Has anyone install bar end mirrors?

Thank you for your answers!
Regards from Santiago, Chile

Rod 8)

MadwitTY

• View Profile
Re: Bar ends: wich one will fit a Zero S
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:14:46 PM »

Hey Rod,

I just ordered a pair of bar end mirrors for my '14 SR. They claim to fit standard 7/8" bars, so they should fit no problem. Our bars are 7/8" on the ends, but get larger in the middle (haven't measured the middle yet).

joystix2

• Electric Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »

I purchased these from Amazon that said they fit 7/8 bars ($17). They did not fit. The inside diameter of the SR handle bars are only about 14mm so the bolt and the plastic shim did not fit inside. I just purchased some bar end internal adapters ($30). Waiting for them to come in to try them on....

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:34:04 AM by joystix2 »
2014 Zero SR w/ extended Power Tank
Zero OEM Windshield
RAM Mount Cell Phone attachment
Bar Ends Rear View Mirrors

MadwitTY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »

I received these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GTKAHQ?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_22 A few days ago and they went on fine. Seem to be good quality. They are selling for $13 w/ Prime now lol - I paid $17 for them.
They come with larger aluminum spacers (which were too big), but standard worked perfectly. No distortion in either mirror.
I will post a pic when I get out of work later.

MadwitTY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 04:43:13 AM »

Have ridden a couple hundred miles with them and they seem to work without issue. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F2Rn1shREdq8GRoDxEx1fN7iQB-YMjr_fQ&authuser=0

suitengu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 05:45:39 AM »

Total noob here but how did you change the bar ends? I have been trying to figure it out for while and can't find anything online. Obviously I had to did deep here to find your post.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 06:19:54 AM »

Total noob here but how did you change the bar ends? I have been trying to figure it out for while and can't find anything online. Obviously I had to did deep here to find your post.

Loosen the existing end with an allen wrench, then put the new ones in and tighten the assembly with an allen wrench, more or less. Bar ends usually have a couple of pieces that are meant to press against the inner part of the bar. Use blue loctite if you feel like you want it to stay more securely.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

TfuRdr15

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 05:30:02 AM »

Loosen the existing end with an allen wrench, then put the new ones in and tighten the assembly with an allen wrench, more or less. Bar ends usually have a couple of pieces that are meant to press against the inner part of the bar. Use blue loctite if you feel like you want it to stay more securely.

BrianTRice, any idea if the ones you used will fit a 2015 S? Also, the current cap for my bar ends doesn't seem to have any place to use an allen wrench to open.  Any suggestions?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 05:39:33 AM »

BrianTRice, any idea if the ones you used will fit a 2015 S?

That's irrelevant. I have grip heaters on my 2013 DS and only removed the ends to re-glue the grips. I've changed the bar ends on my V-Strom to add handguards as well. Realistically, you only have to match bar ends to bars that end in the same size (which is probably near-universal).

Also, the current cap for my bar ends doesn't seem to have any place to use an allen wrench to open.  Any suggestions?

I only have experience with bar ends that require an allen key. If the ends are featureless, try twisting it with a wrench that won't mar the surface (or use a rubber pad between the wrench and the surface).
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 06:20:32 AM »

My 2015 SR has plastic bar ends, no allen key bolt. Just tap it on one side, should open a small crack, place a knife in the crack and tap on the other side. Do this a couple of times and should open a gap so you can pry them out. They are plastic, as I said so be gentle if you don't want to mark them.

TfuRdr15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »

My 2015 SR has plastic bar ends, no allen key bolt. Just tap it on one side, should open a small crack, place a knife in the crack and tap on the other side. Do this a couple of times and should open a gap so you can pry them out. They are plastic, as I said so be gentle if you don't want to mark them.

Thanks!  I'll give that a shot. 
Pages: [1]