• April 29, 2024, 08:21:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stuart Barker Rides the TTX-01 For Gizmag  (Read 1247 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Stuart Barker Rides the TTX-01 For Gizmag
« on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:24 AM »

The news from the future is mixed. The good news is that riding an electric bike still feels, to a certain extent, like riding a normal motorcycle. It's still fun. And it's still way better than sitting in a car. Don't get me wrong; at this stage of its development, no-one is going to swap their own GSX-R750 (even a '97 model) for the TTX01 version.

http://www.gizmag.com/electric-dreams--first-ride-impressions-of-the-ttx01-electric-superbike/11844/

He gives some interesting impressions of the bike.  Besides lack of engine braking...

There's certainly one side effect of running a noiseless engine and that's the fact that you pick up on so many other noises you wouldn't normally hear.

In reality, the engine isn't 100% silent – at least when you begin to pick up a little speed. But at low speeds it's a completely eerie thing to experience.
One thing that was difficult to overcome was the sensation that the bike had stalled at every junction I came to. Sitting on a completely silent bike, waiting to pull into traffic goes against everything we riders know. So you have to bite the bullet, turn the twist grip, and pray that the thing pulls away cleanly before the approaching car actually reaches you. It does. Every time. And my confidence in the TTX01 begins to grow.
Pages: [1]