• April 29, 2024, 06:36:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Survey on Zeros so far  (Read 6586 times)

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
  • Portola Valley, California
    • View Profile
    • Angler Wranglers Demolition Co., est 1895
Re: Survey on Zeros so far
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 01:13:01 AM »

My wife and I purchased 2 of the 2014 DS bikes.

Mine has the 25T drive sprocket, Power Tank, SoundRacer, ostrich leather seat, and custom paint with windshield. My wife's DS is completely stock. The bikes are weekend fun vehicles, and we average ~1,000 mi/yr. We ride the Santa Cruz forests and enjoy the quiet aspect, as do the animals that often allow us within 20-50'. I'm sure the bicyclists appreciate the lack of noise on windy mountainous roads, too! It is her first bike, and my 10th, or so (traded in a HD XR1200), and we love the torque and quiet characteristics.

My bike has minor, although consistent through several shop visits, BMS issues related to not charging all the way (solved by unplugging and re-plugging the power cord), and now, with the latest firmware upgrade, always showing starting charge as 100%, even when it may really be down to 20%. That is, discharging to, say, 20% and stopping for a break, then starting out again will result in a 100% charge indication that appears to resolve, after 15 minutes, or so, to the actual charge level (less than 20%, in this example). A minor irritant, and the bike rides well!

My wife's new bike suffered a battery contactor issue on the ride home from the shop, and on the day of the purchase, breaking her heart:-(  It was resolved a few weeks later and has been perfect ever since, and she is in love with it, again!

We are very environmentally sensitive (also have CNG cars) and pro-electric, with 6kw home rooftop solar panels, and I expect to purchase a 2016 DSR this year, mainly for the ABS brakes and higher-torque system. Just Love that torque!

Go Zero, go!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:31:08 AM by NanoMech »
2014 Zero DS "Wrangler", PowerTank, 25T drive sprocket: www.AnglerWranglers.com

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 01:32:20 AM »

I'd love to see a picture of yours.

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 05:04:25 AM »

My bike has minor, although consistent through several shop visits, BMS issues related to not charging all the way (solved by unplugging and re-plugging the power cord), and now, with the latest firmware upgrade, always showing starting charge as 100%, even when it may really be down to 20%. That is, discharging to, say, 20% and stopping for a break, then starting out again will result in a 100% charge indication that appears to resolve, after 15 minutes, or so, to the actual charge level (less than 20%, in this example). A minor irritant, and the bike rides well!

I had a similar problem with my 2015 SR, was fixed with some software tuning on the first service. I am in Australia and it was fixed by plugging it into the computer (or something) and a guy from Zero in the US did it remotely.

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 07:41:01 AM »

I had a similar problem with my 2015 SR, was fixed with some software tuning on the first service. I am in Australia and it was fixed by plugging it into the computer (or something) and a guy from Zero in the US did it remotely.

My display error occured after the latest FW update at the local shop. A minor irritant to a great bike!

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2016, 07:45:17 AM »

i posted photos last year, but here are a few. The image is of a deep sea bathypelagic viper Angler Fish, the type with glowing bioluminescent lures to attract fish to their teeth.

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »

i posted photos last year, but here are a few. The image is of a deep sea bathypelagic viper Angler Fish, the type with glowing bioluminescent lures to attract fish to their teeth.

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »

There is a plasma disk inserted each side of the tank. A color LED strip connects the plasma disk with the airbrushed painting The SoundRacer speakers are next to the headlight, and waterproof rocker switches control them.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 11:07:21 PM »

Ah yes now I remember it again, seriously cool looking bike.

Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2016, 12:59:22 AM »

Can you share a video / audio of how that soundracer setup sounds?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2016, 01:22:39 AM »

Can you share a video / audio of how that soundracer setup sounds?

You can view a short video of the SoundRacer operation here:   Of course, the sound is very different (more bass) than the speakers you may have for your PC or mobile, but you can see the acceleration rate as I press the high-beam flash lever.

Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:38 PM »

Thanks. Did you also wire it to respond to the throttle?

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2016, 04:37:59 AM »

Thanks. Did you also wire it to respond to the throttle?

No, the SoundRacer module has wheel-mounted magnets for the hall-effect sensor, for speed-related sound frequency increase. I can't blip the sound with the throttle, since the bike lacks a clutch. It would sound cool to brake the front wheel, stand up, and then spin the rear wheel while gunning the throttle, no doubt!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]