• April 27, 2024, 09:16:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: motor recall?  (Read 2621 times)

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: motor recall?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 05:52:14 AM »

They had the oppertunity to replace the old 2012 motors with the latest gen, Think of the good will and long term reliability of Zero Brand. This one time fix for those models would have ended the glitch saga and prove Zero long term commitmant.

Lipo423

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 01:22:57 AM »

Agreed.

That is what a respectable/responsible company would do...you screw up, you fix it...that simple
I do not blame Zero for making mistakes  -every manufacturer do- I do blame them for the way the manage them...and it looks like they are crossing their fingers, so all the 2012 units are out of warranty -which is the case- or expecting the motors not to fail.

Look at BMW and the problem Richard mentioned in a different post...they are making a recall for 300.000 bikes! Bad manufacturer? nope, they assume their responsibility when they have to...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:21:39 PM by Lipo423 »
Bikes: Kawa GPX 600, Suzuki GSX 750-R, Yamaha FZR 1000, Suzuki Lido 75, Peugeot SV 125, Suzuki Burgman 400, Suzuki Burgman 650, KTM EXC 250, 2012 Zero ZF9 - All of them sold -
2014 Zero SR 11.4, BMW C1 125, BMW R 850R

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 03:40:36 AM »

Agreed.

That is what a respectable/responsible company would do...you screw up, you fix it...that simple
I do not blame Zero for making mistakes  -every manufacturer do- I do blame then for the way the manage them...and it looks like they are crossing their fingers, so all the 2012 units are out of warranty -which is the case- or expecting the motors not to fail.

Look at BMW and the problem Richard mentioned in a different post...they are making a recall for 300.000 bikes! Bad manufacturer? nope, they assume their responsibility when they have to...

I get my new BMW wheel flange tomorrow.  The shop is performing 5 flange replacements a day.  All of the required parts are in their inventory and the work takes between 1.5 and 2.5 hours, depending upon what they find when the wheel is removed.  Even though my R12R is well out of warranty, BMW picks up all of the costs for this work.  :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 04:01:26 AM »

In Australia we have statutory warranty also, it basically means the more you spend the more you expect quality and item to last.
for example $1000 phone  is expected to more reliably and quality than a $100 phone, even if both have 1 year warranty.
In above case you could still claim warranty repairs after 1 year expires on the $1000 phone but not the $100 phone.

This is usually the case with Apple they only state 1 year and push that no warranty after that, but as soon as you mention statutory warranty it is then 2 years.

Lipo423

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »

All the 2012 owners should claim for a 2012 motor replacement/factory recall...it is a question of time, one after another one will fail...
In my case it has not happened yet, but I see it coming.

It is a shame this is a difficult task, but we should definitely do it!!
Bikes: Kawa GPX 600, Suzuki GSX 750-R, Yamaha FZR 1000, Suzuki Lido 75, Peugeot SV 125, Suzuki Burgman 400, Suzuki Burgman 650, KTM EXC 250, 2012 Zero ZF9 - All of them sold -
2014 Zero SR 11.4, BMW C1 125, BMW R 850R

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »

Just to back the point about how Zero Are funded, the article here,
http://dailysignal.com/2015/06/02/new-report-on-export-import-bank-finds-problems-with-transparency-cronyism/
Reports that they have received millions of dollars from yet another U.S. Government pot as well.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 08:40:48 PM »

Why are some people so vociferous about the amount of government money being used to support the EV community, and completely silent about the (literally TRILLIONS) of dollars being handed to the fossil fuel industries? How about farm subsidies and home mortgages, why is so much money being boondoggled to people and nobody complains about that?

The government creates subsidies and/or tax credits to support things they deem worthy of supporting, period. Most people agree that home ownership and EVs are two things that should be encouraged, and that's why they've got credits and subsidies. You may personally disagree, but you'd be in the minority if you do. I personally think we should only be giving out farm subsidies to small independents, not the giant corporations, and don't get me started about the tax credits the fossil fuel industries receive!
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 08:31:57 PM »

Why are some people so vociferous about the amount of government money being used to support the EV community, and completely silent about the (literally TRILLIONS) of dollars being handed to the fossil fuel industries? How about farm subsidies and home mortgages, why is so much money being boondoggled to people and nobody complains about that?

The government creates subsidies and/or tax credits to support things they deem worthy of supporting, period. Most people agree that home ownership and EVs are two things that should be encouraged, and that's why they've got credits and subsidies. You may personally disagree, but you'd be in the minority if you do. I personally think we should only be giving out farm subsidies to small independents, not the giant corporations, and don't get me started about the tax credits the fossil fuel industries receive!

RIGHT ON!!!

Trikester

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 01:52:32 PM »

And just to back up my point further, Zero have just had another $3.53M from Invus

See here: http://www.octafinance.com/zero-motorcycles-3-53-million-financing-richard-walker-by-jm-lewis-attorney-in-fact-submitted-jun-23-filing/

kcoplan

• View Profile
$3.53M from Invus
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »

This article seems to have been written by a computer that has no idea what Zero Motorcycles is.

Apart from that, it is a good sign that Zero can still raise private investments.

Still enjoying my upgrade motor!

--Karl

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 08:39:59 PM »

Getting back to the subject matter for a moment, does anyone know what if failing on the 2012 motors?  Is it the encoder?  I thought that old motor should have been fairly reliable, as it was an off-the-shelf item (with minor modifications) and Terry seems to have had few problems with it and he is giving his motor a harder time than most owners.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 08:48:21 PM »

12s have the worst motor they have ever made, well in my opinion. They can get water in the encoder, etc. I'm a firm believer that if you used the bike on a regular basis it will stay working for you, you let it sit, your most likely going to have issues. Sad but from what I've seen very true.... Especially with electric vehicles

Such a shame the 2013 motors can't easily slide into 12s as a easy replacement.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:49:53 PM by Cortezdtv »
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's
Pages: 1 [2]