• April 29, 2024, 12:49:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Poll

If you were to buy a 2016 zero motorcycle, which one would it be?

Zero SR
- 23 (31.9%)
Zero S
- 8 (11.1%)
Zero DSR
- 19 (26.4%)
Zero DS
- 2 (2.8%)
Zero FX
- 5 (6.9%)
Zero FXS
- 15 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2016 Zero motorcycle lineup poll  (Read 2270 times)

KrazyEd

• View Profile
Re: 2016 Zero motorcycle lineup poll
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 11:49:05 AM »

I know that most of the people posting on here are SR, and FX, rather than S and DS. Could this be a Vocal Minority?
I know that most of the Tesla videos are of the P85, and, more recently P85D. They continue to make and sell the
Model S. Could it be that the S and DS Zeros outsell the others, but, the owners just ride, and don't post here.
Haven't tried to find sales numbers to see what numbers of which models have been sold.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 05:00:43 PM »

I believe the FX and SR are far and away Zero's best sellers. I can't remember where I saw that information though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 05:30:55 PM »

Like I said S and DS may mainly be for fleet purchase where cost is more of a issue, rather most enthusiast who want the best performance. Most of us this is an expensive purchase and will be expecting to keep for many years, so spending little extra for R version is justified, as other forum post have stated, no ones ever complained of too much acceleration.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »

The price difference between a S and SR here is almost €5,5k , that is an expensive 10 kW extra...

M@2015DS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »

Not sure what organization is buying Zero motorcycles in "fleets" other than maybe Police departments. And they have their own special model I believe.

Zero does not sell a lot of bikes. It is still a very niche market that I would assume is dominated by customers that are mostly into performance regardless of cost. However, I think as the entry level bikes like the S and DS come down a bit more in price, the commuter market will start to heat up. Anecdotally, I continually hear interest from people including ICE bike riders but the entry price stops them cold.

At this point, it takes about 4 years to break even on cost between a S/DS and a Ninja 300. That is a long time. If that can get down to a couple years or less there will be a lot more people buying the entry level Zero bikes.

The largest group of potential customers untapped by the motorcycle industry in the U.S. are commuters. Many people don't commute on motorcycles because of having to shift gears and the maintenance hassles and costs. Electric bikes solve these issues but are still too expensive to make inroads into this huge demographic.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 08:12:41 PM »

I think this shows most people want performance.  The market for the S and DS may be better suited to used bikes since the only selling factor is price.  If they only built the SR and DSR and put the big boy motor on the FX and FXS that might achieve more bulk cost savings.  Who would really want the old motor instead of the new IPM?  Keep going bigger faster farther and they will do fine.

Eolas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 09:25:55 PM »

I think this shows most people want performance.  The market for the S and DS may be better suited to used bikes since the only selling factor is price.  If they only built the SR and DSR and put the big boy motor on the FX and FXS that might achieve more bulk cost savings.  Who would really want the old motor instead of the new IPM?  Keep going bigger faster farther and they will do fine.

For me it was performance and range... I have a VFR and I know the SR isn't *as* fast, but it's close enough... and I was waiting on range to get to a point I could get to work and back (32 miles each way) with a nice safety margin for the occasional side-trip.

vkruger

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 12:01:57 AM »

I just put down my deposit on a DSR. Now to get ready to sell my 2012 S or 2013 DS when it comes in in December.
Pages: 1 [2]