Tech > Tech Help

Won't Charge Past 91%

(1/2) > >>

There707:
I have a 2014 DS with Power Tank that I purchased in May 2014. I live in southern Alberta where our riding season ends about early October. Iall was good when I stored the bike in my heated garage with the charger plugged in for the winter.  When I took it out for the start of this season all seemed to be ok too except Forabout the last couple of weeks (approx 8 charge cycles) the batteries will not charge past 91%. Using the app it shows the batteriy capacity to be at 10.608kwh which is lower than the 14ish I remember when it charged to 100%. I also noticed the cell balance to be at about 45mv which is considerably higher than I have seen it before. Anyone seen this before or know if I have a battery issue? I have sent an email to Zero and talked to my dealer but neither has responded with any suggestions.

Jason

NEW2elec:
I'm about to post an update to my problems and they may not have anything to do with yours but mine started the same way showing 10 bars not 11 after charging for over 10 hours. My problem was the BMS I'm out of warranty so I get to drop $800 for a new board.  Take it to your dealer asap while everything is covered. May be charger BMS or battery all cost big money for you later on.

There707:
Wish my dealer was actually good at service, then maybe I could get this fixed. Seems to coincidental that it always stops charging at 91%. Going to try emailing Zero again.

kensiko:
It's like the power tank is not working anymore

There707:
That's what I thought. Talked to Zero support today and they told me that I should have my dealer check the version of the firmware and that possibly just flashing the latest version could fix the problem. My dealer still has not gotten back to me  :( but I am going to pay them a visit to ask to check firmware version and reflash per Zero's recommendation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version