• April 29, 2024, 09:37:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/S windscreen - how good is it for me?  (Read 339 times)

MrMogensen

• View Profile
SR/S windscreen - how good is it for me?
« on: April 30, 2021, 04:52:17 PM »

Currently considering an SR/S...

Been riding an FZ6-S for 14 years and the windscreen has always been slightly crap on the highway. When sitting upright or leaning slightly the wind would hit me just at the bottom of the helmet. I am 182cm tall.
Installed an MRA Vario adjustable screen on top of the original windscreen and have helped alot. Wind is being cut and pushed further up and way less noise - especially when leaning forward.

How would the SR/S windpressure feel for me?
I have only been able to try an SR/F. Sat on a SR/S at the dealership but they only had a SR/F for testing...
MrMogensen / Currently Yamaha FZ6 (since 2008)
I want a Ribelle. Decided to postpone it because we are soon moving to a more expensive house near my work. Bike will then no longer be for commuting but for fun and an add-on to only being a 1 car household.

princec

• View Profile
Re: SR/S windscreen - how good is it for me?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 06:48:44 PM »

It's totally subjective but one thing you can do is fit one of those aerofoil style spoilers to the top of the existing screen and adjust it - I've fitted one to two previous bikes and they made a *lot* of difference - worth another 10mph cruising speed, comfort-wise.

Cas :)

flynnstig82r

• Just another lanesplitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 08:44:06 PM »

I rented one in Phoenix a couple months ago and the wind protection was pretty good. The riding position is sportier than my SR (probably similar to your FZ6) so the relatively short windscreen was still good enough to keep the wind from beating me up. I can't remember where the airflow hit, but I remember it was clean and it didn't bother me.

P.S. Those FZ's are great bikes. I had an FZ6R as my first ride.
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 AE

Past bikes:
2020 Energica SS9 13.4 kWh
2017 Zero SR 13.0 kWh
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
2012 Yamaha FZ6R

Eicas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 10:58:48 PM »

I am new to my SR/S and only have a limited amount of time with it but it seems to give good protection up to around 60 mph, above that the wind blast gets progressively stronger but I still have no problem cruising at around 70 mph.  If I tuck down a bit I am just about out of the wind blast but it is not comfortable for me for any extended length of time.  I think an adjustable windscreen on top would be helpful and may look into one for next winter.  I am 5 ft. 9 in. tall.  So far I have spent most of my time in the 40 to 60 mph range and I find it comfortable.  Lower bars may help for higher speeds, but I like the stock ones for my riding style.

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 12:04:17 AM »

You have to tuck in on he SR/S for the windshield to help. When I sit in a n upright position it sends the bugs right into my helmet visor.

They have a touring windshield that some folks have. It changes the look but after looking at it a few times I don’t think it looks bad. I might consider upgrading at some point.
Pages: [1]