• April 29, 2024, 02:35:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FastAce fork oil change / spring replacement  (Read 9405 times)

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
Re: FastAce fork oil change / spring replacement
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 10:22:46 PM »

Hi Rolf,

I think the 2013 FX Fast Ace fork has the same oil-change procedure as the 2014 fork.  If the oil level is low you can add oil through the top screw hole, but to get the oil out you must remove both fork legs.  :(

The large bottom nut is the compression-damping valve & adjuster. I would not loosen this nut with the forks on the bike! 

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

Stromer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 01:10:45 AM »

Hello Ray,
Thank you for the quick information and the warning. For the moment I will do nothing - to keep me out of trouble. Perhaps in winter the time will come.

Greatings from Germany

Rolf

josequinones

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 05:52:24 PM »

Ray,

I read this thread multiple times (THANKS!!!) and decided to change the oil on my 2014 SR yesterday.

One question, is it really necessary to remove the spring cap just to change the oil? I did not remove it, I just pumped the forks until it was no longer dripping, then used a tube to feed in the new oil between the fork tube and spring.

On my bike the right fork had 300cc, the left 325cc, I followed your advice and used 300 cc Redline LikeWater/25cc Triflow.

I pumped the fork leg until it moved smoothly and no cavitation could be felt/heard, then screwed the cap back on.

After assembly I pumped the forks up and down and bled air out using the new Outlaw Speed bleeders until I could no longer hear air pressure release when I pushed them. I'll ride it today and see how its working.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:54:57 PM by josequinones »
2014 SR w 14.4 pack, 2016 FLHTP, 2009 Buell XB9SX, 2000 XL1200C

dubs120

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 03:37:49 PM »

Hello all,
I make an answer on this old topic since it corresponds almost to my need!
I'm French rider, so my English is bad, sorry for that.

After a fork seal linkage on my ZERO S 2014, I decided to dismantle it in order to pick the seals and dust seals references... I will provide they here after (simpler way to order them).
I've a concern about nut hidden by the spring since it has been damaged - fork already opened! - but I will get by, certainly with the string compression before put a wrench.

Since it seems someone have been already changed oil here, can you provide the oil level you measured from the top of the tube?
Another feedback about oil type to poor inside?
5W could be ok?

Thank you,
Vincent.
ZERO S 2014

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 03:40:33 AM »

I came across this exploded diagram of the FastAce fork in my computer files that might interest you.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

dubs120

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 02:58:23 AM »

Hi Richard,
thanks for the answer.
Yes, I found already it on the forum, certainly your one.

I opened the two legs, with spring compression in order to have a full access to the nut... (the one of the left leg has been very damaged by previous 'mechanics'**).
I didn't arrive to measure the level of the free surface of the oil... And, from my point of view, it's impossible to do on this fork ??

WIpe seal is a 43 x 54.3/59 x 6/14.5 on FASTACE brand.
Seal has a reference NR9990 and sizes seem to be 43 x 54 x 11, triple lips

I have some difficulties to find on the net the right ones, I will try a first ones...

** Since I just discovered the fucking job of my dealer's mechanics when I changed bearing... never seen this kind of job, horrible... I tried to place the new ones with some ScelBlock on left side... So, I prefer to not go to the shop, since I'm very angry...
ZERO S 2014
Pages: 1 [2]