• April 29, 2024, 11:11:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vibration on 2013 S After Replacing Rear Tire  (Read 1770 times)

KrazyEd

• View Profile
Re: Vibration on 2013 S After Replacing Rear Tire
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 02:31:31 PM »

I know that many years ago, I was told not to put certain rear tires on the bike with certain front tires as this might cause
problems. May no longer be an issue, but, if everything else checks out okay, it might be one last thing to check

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »

Hi folks,

I recently replaced the rear tire on my 2013 S at 16,000km. I installed an Avon RoadRider, however since it has been replaced I have noticed a slight vibration on the bike. It is most noticeable between 30-60km/h, and it almost feels as if you are riding on cobblestone. I don't hear any noise that is out of the ordinary, and I tried adjusting the belt alignment with no change. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Same here - except I got Pirelli Sport Demons.

Riding was just like cobblestones.

I noticed the Right belt Adjuster Bolt was "finger loose" and no where near influencing the axle alignment.
(I imagine when the shop tightened the nut it pulled back)

First adjustment brought the front of the rear tire more left and the vibration dropped in intensity and narrowed the speed was it based on measurement the rim having the same gap between the rear swingarms.

Second adjustment in same direction made vibration completely gone and was based on the alignment notches at the axle.

In general the belt continued to track to the left on the rear sprocket and to the right at the motor.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »

I have just bought the bike off Spencer! I'm so pumped about it, after we got it on the truck we took a good look and I believe that the belt is riding too far to the left, Spencer disclosed the problem before I bought it, gotta love honesty! He was going to adjust it before I bought but didn't have any tools with him
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike
Pages: 1 [2]