• April 28, 2024, 01:11:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Zero will offer trade-in credit for 2010-2012 bikes.  (Read 6714 times)

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: Zero will offer trade-in credit for 2010-2012 bikes.
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2015, 08:44:16 AM »

Apple App Store or Google play store , if you have app it should automatically notify you if updated. Check your AppStore update settings.

yokahoma

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2015, 09:01:50 AM »

I like my 2011 DS too much to trade for $6000 off MSRP on a left over turd.  I’m not sure why, but my 8000 mile battery works like the day it was new and I finally got the speed controller operating the way it was supposed to.  I’ve upgraded all the cheap junk they installed to maximize their profits with no regard for safety and made some cosmetic improvements.  Besides, it’s too nice to even think about it getting crushed for scrap.

Is Zero representing the 2014 models with actual range and capability?  Are they going to promise dealer support and trained technicians with the newer models?  I don’t think so.  Supply a service manual?  Not likely.  They will have to pony up a little more than cash for clunkers to get me to bite.

I agree. I love my 2011 DS! Only 900 miles on it but it rides like brand new. Give me $10k credit and I'd bite on the trade in, otherwise this gets ridden until it dies and then I'm done with Zero.

mericle

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »

After over 46,000 miles on my 2012 S, I have decided to trade in for a 2014 S. The 2012 has been running excellent for the past 6 months so I thought it would be nice to end on a high note. The bike has easily paid for itself in gas savings since I used to commute with my truck. My experience has not been maintenance free but I enjoyed riding more than I ever thought I would and have also enjoyed learning about the technology. I am excited to see what the 2014 brings.

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2015, 09:02:42 PM »

I like my 2011 DS too much to trade for $6000 off MSRP on a left over turd.  I’m not sure why, but my 8000 mile battery works like the day it was new and I finally got the speed controller operating the way it was supposed to.  I’ve upgraded all the cheap junk they installed to maximize their profits with no regard for safety and made some cosmetic improvements.  Besides, it’s too nice to even think about it getting crushed for scrap.

Is Zero representing the 2014 models with actual range and capability?  Are they going to promise dealer support and trained technicians with the newer models?  I don’t think so.  Supply a service manual?  Not likely.  They will have to pony up a little more than cash for clunkers to get me to bite.

I agree. I love my 2011 DS! Only 900 miles on it but it rides like brand new. Give me $10k credit and I'd bite on the trade in, otherwise this gets ridden until it dies and then I'm done with Zero.

I have gone from being extremely frustrated in dealing with the problems of owning a Zero in Australia to being surprised by just how good they could be. To my surprise Zero Australia and Zero USA got together and then stepped in and organized a generous trade in deal, due to the situation we were in with a dead DS 10, on a new DS 14.  Zero in this case, when presented with all the facts and given the opportunity to have time to deliberate on them, made the right call for themselves and my brother and I. 

You need to be patient if you have a problem, state what the problem is in detail then wait.  Realize too that the dealers themselves can't just offer any old deal they want, you need to lay out what you want and why and then make your case to them, they are not mind readers...  Zero didn't want to have me pushing an old DS through the center of town again either, and I quite understand their motivations to help out in this situation, real early adopters, real issues that weren't addressed and major problem supporting the old 10 DS, even when they really wanted to and were in the background trying their best to make that happen. 

The best option for everyone was to trade in the old one on a 14, rather than fix, the now almost 5 year old 10, since the parts needed to make a 10 go reliably like a 14, is a 14 ... 10s are just too different from the current models to support now economically for all concerned. 

Looking forward to seeing just what the 14 can do.  8) it should be here next week  ;D

Really try talking nicely to Zero the company though, before you decide on what they won't do for you guys, that's all.  Good luck otherwise.  If you don't give up on Zero, they may just not give up on you, as it turns out  ;D  I am glad I spent the amount of time on the phone to them now as I did.

Cheers and thanks again Zero, for making it right again,  ;D
Cam
Bikes owned, from present to past: NS 150 Honda, DS 2010 Zero, RZ 500 N Yamaha #2, CB 250 Honda, Ducati 69 single, GT 750 Kawasaki, RZ 500 N the 1st,  RD LC 250/350 Yamaha + other bits, Kawasaki 200 dirt, DT 250 Yamaha.  Also spent time with Ducati 600 and Moto Morini 250 V twins and others :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]