• April 29, 2024, 12:14:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Maryland Area Dealer Recommendations  (Read 955 times)

domingo3

• View Profile
Maryland Area Dealer Recommendations
« on: October 29, 2015, 04:11:47 AM »

Yes, I know how to search for where the dealers are.  The first two (in Bear DE or Annapolis MD) are about equal distance.   Other dealers are outside the range of the bike, but if there were compelling reasons to go with them, I'd consider it.   I figure it makes sense to buy from the dealer you want to get service from.  If I buy a Zero, the warranty support I can expect is very important to me.  Hopefully I won't have to use it, but I am pretty concerned.  From what I read here, some dealers will let a Zero sit in the shop for weeks while they wait for a call back from HQ.  Does anyone have any experience with Zeros at the dealers below?

Powersports East
620 Pulaski Hwy.
Bear, DE, USA

Chesapeake Cycles
104 Defense Hwy
Annapolis, MD, USA

Coleman PowerSports
435 S. Washington St.
Falls Church, VA, USA

Eckenhoff Motorcycles of Cherry
919 Church Road
Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Coleman Powersports - Woodbridge
14105 Telegraph Rd.
Woodbridge, VA, USA

2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Maryland Area Dealer Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 09:26:35 AM »

For what it is worth, maybe not much, my dealer in Ga had to have my bike shipped back to Ca for a more major repair.  I think Zero wants to do most of the work themselves.  Software updates brakes tires no big deal for any of them.  BMS, MMB, Battery back to Cali.  That dealer in Falls Church seems to have a lot of bikes listed on Cycle Trader so they may be a bit more focused on selling them and may get their calls returned a bit sooner from Zero.  Good luck and enjoy the ride.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:59:17 AM »

I have spoken to Eckenhoff and they seemed to be pretty good, but I didn't end up getting any work done there. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

evdjerome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 04:56:10 AM »

I have a couple of experiences with the Falls Church dealer for service on my 2012 DS. Both issues were fixed under warranty. The major one was a motor replacement. The other was just wheel bearings and a tire replacement. Both issues took weeks though to get resolved. I would call each week for a status update and the typical response was that they were waiting on Zero for something.

Despite the delays, the overall results were successful.

Both times when I took the bike there I rented a uhual motorcycle trailer. Those trailers are easy to use.

Oh I should state that I didn't buy my Zero from this dealer. I bought it from a private seller.

Best of luck on your decision.
2015 Zero DS 14.4 (originally 12.5)
2012 Zero DS 9 (sold)
Pages: [1]