• April 29, 2024, 12:10:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Another 2012 Zero S with motor problem  (Read 4780 times)

Nemo

• Zero S ZF9
    • View Profile
Re: Another 2012 Zero S with motor problem
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2015, 08:10:55 AM »

Thansk Doc

I'll check with them this week, i think that we bought our bike at the same day a the same dealer, l'amis Denis in Sherbrooke, you took the demo 2012 and i bought the new one !!

Am i right ?  :D

Since my bike is still onder warranty, i did not modify it yet, but maybe i should change dealer and go to yours, service would be better..... anyway if their is something wrong i'll PM you Doc.

Preak ... what can i say, it's sad for both of us... lets see what they will do, maybe next time i call, i'll say something about your bike too  ;D

Vanessa, very glad for you that they payed you a new motor, finally.

Maybe we should tell Zero to read this forum to repair their bike.

Dom

mikeisted

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »

Great news Vanessa. Congratulations.  It's good to hear when Zero get it right.  As with the 2012 battery issues, it seems to me that the motor glitch represents a serious safety hazard and should qualify for a free fix for all affected.

Nemo

• Zero S ZF9
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 12:51:50 AM »

Bad news

I called zero to have an update on the motor replacement delevery, they told me that they order 25 motor from their chinese supplier but he did not return
any shipping date yet. China to LA then QA stuff at zero then ship to Montreal........

So i've cancelled my licence plate for this year..

I'm F..... mad at Zero  >:(

centra12

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 03:02:33 AM »

A new engine from China !!! ;D  The next engine damage preprogrammed  100% :'(

Ever heard of Heinzann engines? Used by Brammo / KTM and Peugeot (German Quality)

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 01:38:44 AM »

zero does read this forum , i got a nasty email when i was upset about waiting 6  monthe for my new motor, and posted "negative" comments. both the bikes i bought from them are pieces of crap, and i learned my lesson the hard way not to buy new and untested technology. I wish i could tell everyone that wants to buy an older model not to do it unless you're an electrical engineer and like fixing things that are inherently flawed to begin with.

SunPropulsion

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 10:04:44 AM »

Ya, the motor glitch

I've been experiencing something very similar to Vanessa for a couple of years now, it only recently started to get a bit worse, wanted to go in reverse today, ended up rolling is forward several feet before the motor finally started working properly.  The Tech at Zero I was working with also left the company
and my dealer 1 hour away is no longer carrying the Zero bikes, so the closest dealer is now 5 hours away, considering its a warranty issue I may ask the dealer to pick it up, does anyone have experience with Zero covering transport costs to and from the dealer ?

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:05 AM »

Bad news

I called zero to have an update on the motor replacement delevery, they told me that they order 25 motor from their chinese supplier but he did not return
any shipping date yet. China to LA then QA stuff at zero then ship to Montreal........

So i've cancelled my licence plate for this year..

I'm F..... mad at Zero  >:(

Well if you were ever thinking of upgrading your Zero to a more reliable model like a 14 now would be the time to talk to Zero about the possibility.  Say to them, well if you can't supply a spare motor by such and such a date and my bike has had these problems as you now say since the warranty period, how about a discount on a newer better supported, better functioning bike.  It doesn't hurt to ask.  That is if you want that as an option.  Otherwise I would think about Doc's offer of assistance now.  When Zero looked at the problems I was having with a 2010 that died during warranty, at first they tried really hard to help me fix it and then offered a good trade in.  Mind you many of the Zero dealers here in Australia, at first didn't seem to want to know about it....

Good luck,
Cheers, Cam
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:17:00 AM by Camresearch »
Bikes owned, from present to past: NS 150 Honda, DS 2010 Zero, RZ 500 N Yamaha #2, CB 250 Honda, Ducati 69 single, GT 750 Kawasaki, RZ 500 N the 1st,  RD LC 250/350 Yamaha + other bits, Kawasaki 200 dirt, DT 250 Yamaha.  Also spent time with Ducati 600 and Moto Morini 250 V twins and others :D

Nemo

• Zero S ZF9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 06:50:52 AM »

Finally, i got my bike tuesday...... with the new engine, it's about time, this is what i have now   :D

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 08:15:36 AM »

It looks good.  I am glad to see you got it sorted Nemo.

Cheers,
Cam
Bikes owned, from present to past: NS 150 Honda, DS 2010 Zero, RZ 500 N Yamaha #2, CB 250 Honda, Ducati 69 single, GT 750 Kawasaki, RZ 500 N the 1st,  RD LC 250/350 Yamaha + other bits, Kawasaki 200 dirt, DT 250 Yamaha.  Also spent time with Ducati 600 and Moto Morini 250 V twins and others :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]