• April 29, 2024, 05:05:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Petition the UK Government!  (Read 5014 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: Petition the UK Government!
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »

Me neither. I've probably used up my peasant tokens for this year... [emoji6]

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2015, 02:27:59 PM »

OLEV have released details of the new car subsidy:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-plug-in-grant-will-treble-number-of-greener-cars-on-britains-roads

Now that announcement is out of the way, let's hope they're concentrating on getting details published for us.

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2015, 05:34:28 PM »

Response from OLEV today after copying them in on my letter to my MP QC

Dear Gareth,

Thank you for your email.  The Government remains committed to supporting the zero emission motorcycle industry and OLEV officials have worked closely with the industry over the summer on the technical details and eligibility criteria for the scheme.  Following the successful outcome of the Spending Review in November OLEV is now in the process of confirming the allocation of funds to existing and future ULEV support schemes for which it is responsible.

OLEV continues to work closely with the motorcycle industry and other key stakeholders as it finalises the details of the scheme including the grant level, eligibility criteria and the logistics of the grant. This includes considering precisely what eligibility criteria might be used for the grant scheme, how vehicles would then be assessed against the criteria and registered, how the grant scheme might be implemented for those purchasing ePTWs, for those manufacturing ePTWs and for those selling them.

We will provide further information on the next steps for the Plug-in Motorcycle Grant scheme as soon as they are known.

I hope this clarifies the current situation.

Tim Ward

Policy Advisor |  Office for Low Emission Vehicles

Great Minster House  | 33 Horseferry Road|  London | SW1P 4DR

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »

My response,more than likely not helped,but needed a rant ............... Mp has still got to get back to me,see what they've chased up

Dear Tim,

Thankyou for taking the time to respond.
I appreciate you probably have little influence on the speed of this process personally,but I know myself,motorcycle manufacturers, and dealers keeping a close eye on this,feel like we are no further on than several months ago.

Its about time Governmental departments that decide these things were run like the service industry. Lots of focus on customer service rather than bureaucracy. Much more accountability. Much more agility,to make decisions in a timely manner.

To be fair Tim, your not telling me anything you haven't already told me,since you emailed me before the spending review.

I also understand they've just released updated details for the plug in car grant,so if they can do this, what's happening for motorcyclists,are they purposely treating us differently.

It's getting beyond a joke now,you'll probably note I've got my MP QC onto it ,we need answers now !

Finally,I know its not you personally Tim,but I certainly think OLEV could be doing more to lean on those accountable to get this sorted,they seem to be able to do it for every other sector of the motor industry.

Seasons greetings,

Gareth Wilkinson.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »

Great response Gareth. It's about time someone gave them a bit of heat. Thanks for doing that. I hate those non committal emails they send to try and keep people quiet. They're expert at those but no good at actually doing anything!

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »

Tell me about it Mostlybonkers.........Great work on the firmware side of things for our DSP's by the way............So what's the consensus,are we holding out for this grant ?
Jason  said one of the dsp buyers is not waiting,as the money he would save in fuel waiting  for the subsidy to come in,would probably cancel it out........not applicable to me,as I'm not buying the bike outright.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2015, 08:25:45 PM »

Mostly bonkers and all involved, thanks to you I've gotten off my ass and composed my own letter to the minister of transportation in Ontario, they are responsible for administration of the ev grants, which are quite good! But sadly they don't include any vehicle with less than four wheels, if any Ontario based members are interested the email address is minister.mto@ontario.ca , hopefully they take this to heart
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2015, 09:13:09 PM »

Thanks.

It all depends on when. I have a bad feeling it might be March to tie in with the changes to the car and van subsidies. Interesting point about fuel savings. In my case I also have the extra mileage I'll put on my VFR and the associated depreciation. It was valued at 11,000 miles and already has 12,000 on it.  I'm leaning towards doing the deal but I might wait until the New Year.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2015, 09:24:40 PM »

I'm waiting for my power tank to arrive. Not sure if I'll wait past mid january though for the grant...
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »

So even though these were the findings

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmtran/239/239vw12.htm

Here we still are..............They've taken the time to update the plug in car grant,but still no news for motorcyclists.
I know what your saying Justin, I'm going to hold out I'm thinking,and make a right royal pain in the arse of myself !!!!!!!!!
It's a bit different for me,I have 4 little girls,and the only way I can justify the expense,is if it pays for itself.As I'm not buying it outright,without the subsidy ,its not gonna meet that goal................for you outrighters,I can see it would soon make sense.
Well done Ndm ,for flying the Zero flag over the pond,and giving those accountable,some grief.If and when its implemented over here,I think that would make a strong case,for you Zero lads,to get something similar.
I have a bad feeling mostlybonkers your right about the March thing,for me I'll have to sit it out.With the cost of insurance,as there's little choice out there for zero's at the moment,they either need to fulfil their promise of the subsidy or I'll have to bow out........

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »

I hope you don't have to bow out TP1. Thanks for the link to the article from 2012. I didn't know about the eMCI. They haven't achieved much from what I can see.

Here's another angle, an email to the editor of motorcycle monthly.

Hi,

Thanks to an article you published in or around March of 2013 on the Zero S, I became aware of the existence of electric motorcycles. Thank you!

I've been obsessed with them ever since and am very close to buying one. It has been delivered to Streetbike and myself and another 8 or so customers are eagerly awaiting news on the subsidy for electric bikes. We are told that solid info is just around the corner. News on the revised electric car and van grant was published on the OLEV site on 17th.

Back in October (or thereabouts), Streetbike signed a dealership agreement with Zero Motorcycles which means Zero are back in the UK!

There have been a number of significant improvements in the model range over the last three years and an article might be worthwhile just to cover those.

I hope there's sufficient meat in there to consider doing a feature or suchlike. As you can probably tell, I'm an enthusiast so if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

A useful resource for further info is here:

electricmotorcycleforum.com

I hope this message is useful to you.

Kind regards,

Tom.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2015, 12:51:36 AM »

It's all but confirmed that the forthcoming subsidy will not be retrospective:

http://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=5190.msg37991#msg37991

I'm now certain that the government won't implement the subsidy until March. That's when the new registration plates come in.  Since the claiming of the subsidy will be part of the new vehicle registration process, any changes to the process will most likely be introduced at the same time.  This is what's happening with the car subsidy.  I imagine there's has to be a big communication exercise to make sure government departments, dealers and other interested parties are aware of the changes.

Forms will need to be designed, tested and printed. Leaflets, web pages, etc. The more I think about it, the more I think March will be too soon!  If they at least finalise and announce details early in the New Year, then there's a chance I guess.

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2016, 06:01:39 AM »

Update on this subject today

Dear Mr Wilkinson,

Thank you for this further information.

I have been looking into this and cannot find any updated information from the department. I think the best thing to do, therefore, is for Stephen to write direct to the minister and ask. Would you be happy for him to do so?

Best wishes,

Emma

Emma Salisbury

Senior Parliamentary Assistant

Office of Stephen Phillips QC MP

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2016, 01:14:15 PM »

I've just dropped an email to my local MP asking for an update.

I sent three emails to the Office of Low Emission Vehicles and got no response. If I get time I'll try ringing them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-for-low-emission-vehicles

If anyone else can apply some pressure to them, it would be great.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2016, 09:01:17 PM »

This back from the office of my local MP:

Further to your email, I contacted the House of Commons Library to see whether there was any further information on this subsidy. Unfortunately, they still do not have any information since it was announced last year.

This being said, the Library told me that there is a good chance further details will be announced in the upcoming March Budget so hopefully we will have more information then.

If this is not the case, then please do get in contact and Anne will write once again to the Minister asking for a time frame for further announcements.

I’m sorry that we don’t have any further information at this point, but hopefully we will find out more next month.

Disappointed?  Yeah, me too!   >:(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6