• April 28, 2024, 12:18:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Insane mode for Zero?  (Read 1491 times)

mguw

• View Profile
Insane mode for Zero?
« on: October 11, 2015, 03:46:25 AM »

Hi
I test drove a Tesla and acceleration is kicking in from the very beginning, unlike my Fx which is giving out torque more gradually.   It starts wheeling only at 20 km/h with a peak at 60-70.    This must be controlled by the ECU to avoid loopings at start,  as the motor itself has easily the torque to do so.

Nevertheless I could handle a little more acceleration in the low km/h.   Do you think there is a way for Zero to  ask for an insane mode?

A+ Marcel

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
Re: Insane mode for Zero?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 04:04:34 AM »

If you're OK with chain drive and 75mph top speed, 10/65 sprockets will give you 23% more torque - maybe not 'insane', but definitely better. :)

With my Zeros, I concentrate on what can be done right now, rather than what might or might not happen in the future.

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:58:12 AM »

The actual parts that Zero use such as the Size 6 Sevcon controller  and 75-7R motor are used at their max power already i think. the Sevcon are rated up to 116V and 660A and they are used at those settings already.

So therre is no real locked mode in the Zero because the controller push max power already. you wold need to replace the actual controlelr for a Size 8 to get more current to the motor  and improove acceleration.

but in the DIY comunity it IS possible to install two controller to a single motor and get twice more power.. but there will be a thermal problem on the motor very fast.

My dream would be to take a tesla P90D and to remove the actual heavy battery  and replace for couple of high C rate Lipo and save maybe 1500 pounds on teh car.. and get 0-60 in about 2 sec !

Doc

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:29:04 AM »

Slightly off topic (I blame the thread title :) ) but a while back I posted about outrunning a P85D from a stoplight on my SR. I have always wondered if he was in INSANE mode or if I caught him by surprise. Well, I got my answer about a month ago. I came up against another P85D at a light and took off hard and left him. As we were approaching the next light he had gotten a little ahead of me. When the light turned green we were both still rolling and this time he was ready. He punched it just before I did and that behemoth just took off. I pinned the throttle and he was pulling on me ever so slightly but we both had to let of fast as we were in town. At the next light I pulled up next to him and asked him if he was in INSANE mode and he confirmed that he was. We had a short friendly chat then went our separate ways. So it appears that the P85D accelerates just a little harder than an SR though I would have liked to continue our race to a higher speed to see what would happen. It's certain that a P85D or P90D that has LUDICROUS mode would be one badass car.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:35:32 AM by MichaelJohn »
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

ha4ik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 01:49:07 AM »

The actual parts that Zero use such as the Size 6 Sevcon controller  and 75-7R motor are used at their max power already i think. the Sevcon are rated up to 116V and 660A and they are used at those settings already.

So therre is no real locked mode in the Zero because the controller push max power already. you wold need to replace the actual controlelr for a Size 8 to get more current to the motor  and improove acceleration.

Have you ever checked Zero app for mobile phone? If you try, you ll never tell such stupid things anymore.
Bike pushes power step by step - more speed - more power, it does not give all what he has from beginning. It is very safe, but I want more and I m sad of it ((((

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 03:39:03 AM »

Have you ever checked Zero app for mobile phone? If you try, you ll never tell such stupid things anymore.
Bike pushes power step by step - more speed - more power, it does not give all what he has from beginning. It is very safe, but I want more and I m sad of it ((((

So you come in with your very first post and accuse another member of saying stupid things? Way to start out on the right foot.
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 06:00:08 AM »

So many levels of wrong.

*In the original post, I wrote something that I wish I hadn't.  Apologies for that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:30:37 PM by benswing »
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 06:35:04 AM »

What about using some super capacitors to keep the pack voltage from sagging on hard acceleration....would it improve 0-60 times?  Would it help with regen?
2014 Zero S

ha4ik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »

What about using some super capacitors to keep the pack voltage from sagging on hard acceleration....would it improve 0-60 times?  Would it help with regen?

Please announce supercapacitor volume in W*Hrs

ha4ik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 01:59:16 PM »

Dumbest post yet.  So many levels of wrong.  Bahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanna see how full power right from the start looks like?

Check this (power is same to FX, Farasis battery):

! No longer available

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »

The FX is 60kg lighter and geared a lot lower. Also that sounds like a brushed DC motor which has a much snappier power delivery.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:54:23 PM by NoiseBoy »

ha4ik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »

You are wrong, power comes from Vectrix motor. Only big difference is that controller on that video gives full Amps right from the start.

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 07:46:36 PM »

Lol
My fx has waaaaaay More power than that.....
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 01:05:11 AM »

Here is another video from the same bike. If you know Russian, the guy explains at the beginning that the voltage is 144V, the motor has 11KW nominal and 45KW peak, and puts out 400N/m torque at the wheel, accelerates at under 4s to 100km/h with max speed 120km/h with the current gear ratio.

Dumbest post yet.  So many levels of wrong.  Bahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanna see how full power right from the start looks like?

Check this (power is same to FX, Farasis battery):

! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:07:43 AM by Kocho »
'15 Zero SR
Pages: [1]