• April 29, 2024, 09:38:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dropped Bike - replacement parts?  (Read 651 times)

Kocho

• View Profile
Dropped Bike - replacement parts?
« on: July 24, 2016, 09:28:05 AM »

My daughter backed our car into my SR's front tire, tipping it over on its right side. Front brake lever is bent forward in a J shape (still works). It will need to be replaced, though it seems just fine to operate with two fingers. The right foot peg was stuck up, but when I pushed it, it came right back down and seems fine. The foot brake lever was apparently pushed inwards when the bike fell over it and it scratched the frame next to where its tip is - seems fine otherwise. The plastic handlebar end cap is smashed in and deformed, will need to be replaced. The edge of the  white plastic at the end of the  throttle is chipped, but the throttle seems to rotate fine. There is a barely visible scuff on the bottom outside edge of the plastic covering the battery. And the mirror housing is scratched some. I did not see any other damages.

So looks like a new brake lever and a new end cap is what I need...

Darn it! I'm still mad at my daughter for not looking back - the car's got a backup camera and the bike should have been clearly visible in the side mirror too...   

Any thoughts - should I get OEM brake lever or use the opportunity to replace with something else?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:32:48 AM by Kocho »
'15 Zero SR
Pages: [1]