• April 29, 2024, 09:11:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Circuit breaker popping with onboard chargers  (Read 3850 times)

gingerjet

• View Profile
Re: Circuit breaker popping with onboard chargers
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 04:29:22 AM »

Has anyone bothered to have an electrician check out the outlets you're using?

I bought my house a year ago and had the electrical replaced top to bottom with new wiring, outlets, and fuse box.  The service was also upgraded.  I also have extensive amount of computer equipment in the house.  The Zero is the first issue I've run into. 

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 05:23:51 AM »

Has anyone bothered to have an electrician check out the outlets you're using?  We discovered none of the three-prong outlets in our garage were grounded and that would be a DEFINITE issue.  I had him properly ground the existing outlets and run a dedicated 20 amp line to the garage which is where I plug my bike in now.

i installed the 2 - 20 amp circuits myself in his house so he could buy his bike. nothing wrong with the wiring, less than 1 ft' of total run. installed the outlet next to the main box. both blow when hooked up, plus all other circuits he has tried.

laters,

laramie  ;)

ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

Gimli1844

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2016, 11:48:39 PM »

My 2013S did not have any charging issues until my Monolith Battery was replaced.  Then the GFCI outlet started to trip and then I found the tip of the kettle cord melted where plugs into the bike.  I replaced the cord now the GFCI outlet dose not trip but  the new cord looked fine for a few days but now looks like the kettle cord might be melted a little bit.  I was thinking that it my have been a close lighting strike when the plug was still hot from charging that caused the melting but now that the new kettle plug shows  signs of melting a little bit I am not so sure.  Plus when I first got the bike back from the dealer I did not have any charging issues until the Landlord replaced the garage door but a bad storm came through around the same time. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]