• April 29, 2024, 08:51:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes  (Read 10065 times)

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
Re: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2015, 04:48:11 AM »

Appreciate that Worksoptony,thought I had tried them,but maybe I haven't, Lexham had been the cheapest up till now.......

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 05:15:01 AM »

Haha mrwilsn, being happy with a bike for two years is ambitious!

Yeah, I know [emoji20] I bought the 2014 S in August of 2014 and almost upgraded to the 2015 SR this last March....even if I wait until March 2016 I will have owned it for less than two years.

Reminds me of this guy that just bought a VFR and is now getting a DS....after proclaiming Zero had waited too long when we were all speculating what Zero would announce at AIMEXPO [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2015, 05:21:07 AM »

Guilty, your honour! Lots of egg on my face this year, it's been an expensive one for bikes...[emoji15]

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 05:26:41 AM »

Guilty, your honour! Lots of egg on my face this year, it's been an expensive one for bikes...[emoji15]
It's the old saying.... The ideal number of bikes is the number of bikes you have + 1 [emoji1]

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 03:32:56 PM »

I did try Bennetts it turns out,they were twice as much as Lexham insurance ! Anyone else recommend an insurer of Zero's ?

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 08:08:20 PM »

Anyone else on this forum buying one of the Police Spec DS's from Streetbike ?
If so did you get any PCP figures,or are you straight finance/ buying outright.........

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 01:57:49 AM »

You've probably worked this out already; I'm chopping my VFR in and because they're so undervalued in the market, a bit of cash too. I'd love to keep the VFR and I'll miss it. Although one kind gent on this forum told me to not look back. I'm all in!

I don't know what APR Streetbike are offering but Honda gave me 5.9% on a vehicle purchase loan on the NC 750 back in April.

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 04:23:26 AM »

It sounds like this doesn't apply to your circumstances MostlyBonkers,but I was  very disappointed in  the PCP figures.
My option was :
Working on £6495.00 with £100 deposit

36x £139.94 1 x £3025.00

Or

48x £124.08 + 1x £2565.00

As always with the final payment this is where you have the 3 options

1.       Pay the balance own the bike

2.       Hand it back owe nothing more

3.       Trade it in against another machine

Considering new the Police Spec RRP is £13,995 I was disappointed with the Guaranteed Future Value , is the final installment figure (Balloon Payment) to own the bike outright.
For a little over £20 more a month,I can do straight finance,and own it outright at the end of the term,no balloon payment.

I think the finance company totally undervalued them for PCP. Considering how discounted the 4 Police Spec ones are,I thought the Guaranteed Future Value would be a lot closer to our discounted price,and the figures for PCP would have been a lot more attractive.
For me its important,that this bike pays for itself, as the Mrs has already reminded me I have a perfectly good 'Mille' RSVR in the garage.It will be used as my work commute - I spend £40 in diesel a week just to get to work,so its near enough,a no brainer . Sick of giving the Oil industry any more of my dollar,and supporting terrorism..............but that's a whole different forum lol
If I could get a zero point energy upgrade for the Zero,or charge it with Solar Panel charger I would ,but I don't think they've cracked that one yet.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 04:55:00 AM »

I'd go for the straight finance option if you can, but that's just me. I think PCP deals are the devils work. However, I also think that you'll be lucky if the bike is worth 2,500 in four years. By 2020 a 2014 will feel vintage. It's only 2015 and you wouldn't touch a 2012 with a barge pole. If you've still got it by then at least you will have paid it off and your savings on running costs will have paid for the bike. It'll be a handy run around when you're not taking your electric sports tourer out for 250 mile day trips on a single charge.

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 05:20:47 AM »

I thought the same as you,and have chosen the straight finance option.They could do with sorting this subsidy out,will you be holding out to see what happens ?
I take your point about future value,that's some depreciation though !!!! I meant to type RRP is £13,995 +  because I think the Police spec come with extra's,crash bars etc
Imagine that 250 miles from a single charge :-)

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 05:26:10 AM »

You may have already watched this
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:27:45 AM by Testpilot1 »

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »

I'm holding out for the subsidy. The expectation is set at maximum now, so I'll be sore if there isn't concrete news very soon. This has been rumbling on for far too long now. Providing a subsidy for electric bikes is such a no brainer that it should have been implemented years ago. After all, there's been one for cars since the Prius came along if I recall.

Thanks for posting the video, I hadn't seen it. That guy knows how to handle a bike! There's no way I could even attempt most of that on my VFR. It's way too heavy and has a rubbish turning circle.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »

Oh, and on the subject of depreciation, I'm just so glad I didn't go for the PCP deal my local Honda dealership were offering me on a new VFR. The DCT GT version retails at £14,600. My less-than-three-year-old VFR is only worth £5k to them for a cash sale... It's spiteful! I've had a good education on how dealerships earn their money this year. Don't forget the tax man taking his share too. Even with the special deal on the DSP bikes, the government pocket £1,300. When we ride them away they instantly depreciate to £5k. There should be quite a nice buyers market for second hand 2013 and 2014 bikes in a couple of years when our batch of new owners want to upgrade. In fact I might post a separate topic for Justin's 2013S that will be available soon. It will be useful to see how much interest there is and follow it's progress from Justin to its new owner and beyond. In this tiny market and with it's history, that bike is something of a classic. I don't know how Justin would feel about having his bike stalked on this forum though!

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2015, 03:51:05 AM »

If they're gonna depreciate to 5K as soon as we leave the showroom,they definately need to sort this subsidy !

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2015, 11:41:38 PM »

I'm wondering what effect the subsidy will have on second hand values. What will it do to the value of Justin's 2013S for example? If you are able to buy a brand new DSP for £5k, then what would you be willing to pay for a second hand bike that's been running in the elements for three years and has 20,000 miles on the clock? £2,500 perhaps?  You might be persuaded to pay more if there aren't any more DSP deals available. I thought it would fetch around £5k if sold alongside a DSP. Not now though... If the price of a DSP is effectively dropped to £5k, then what will one be worth when it comes out of warranty? £3,000 perhaps?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11