• April 29, 2024, 08:38:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes  (Read 10064 times)

morpheus74

• SRF 2020 (DS'14, DSR'16 and FX'15 before)
    • View Profile
Re: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »

Just a precision : I had seen the bike in the reseller shop before he sold me : topcase support, screen and handguards were not on the bike, but siren, flash and crash bar were presents...

I should also buy the tool to adjust the belt (arround 24€).
Zero Fan .. SRF 2020 & DSR 2016

Swiebo

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »

Got mine on Saturday, but is already on his way back to the dealer.  Onboard charger wasn’t working.
It came in full DSP outfit, but I had the lights and crash bars removed by the dealer (Ecomobiel in Antwerp, Belgium). Paid about 9K incl. the Givi side cases.

Grtz,
Peter.

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2015, 06:34:30 PM »

Congrats Sweibo, U didn't get screen or hand guards either ?

Swiebo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2015, 08:47:55 PM »

No, in Belgium nog screen or hand guards .

Grtz,
Peter.

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2015, 05:45:16 PM »

Swiebo,do you know if your DSP came from the same batch (cancelled order) as our UK DSP's ?
If so,might have to check out that charger issue,how are you finding the DS apart from the onboard charger problem ?

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2015, 09:55:53 PM »

I spoke to Jason at Streetbike this morning.  The bikes have the crash bars fitted, but there are no screens or hand guards.  They last spoke to their contact about the subsidy on Friday but have heard nothing since.

The big question we need an answer to is whether or not the subsidy can be applied retrospectively.  If they are willing to confirm that at least, I think most people will be happy to purchase their bikes on the understanding they'll get a rebate when everything is sorted out.  After all, the bikes sitting at Streetbike at the moment were orders placed by people not expecting the subsidy to happen anytime soon.

It's disappointing really.  The government have spun us a line but are keeping people in limbo when otherwise they'd be on their bikes and enjoying them over the Christmas holidays.  Frustrating for Streetbike too!  They've got stock just sitting there and customers who have already been waiting a number of weeks since the announcement.  We'll just have to be patient and grateful that something is happening I guess!

If anyone has any contact information for OLEV or other government officials that may be able to push things forward, please share it here or under the Petition topic.  The more of us contacting them, the more likely they'll get on with it to get us off their back - Shawshank Redemption style!  Please sir, can we have our bikes please?  ;)

Swiebo

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2015, 10:02:20 PM »

I suppose it is the same batch, I signed in on a promotion in October and the bikes arrived in the Netherlands in November. It is a MY14 Zero DSP 11.4.
I only had short drive from the dealer to my home, so it’s hard to judge the bike.

Grtz.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »

I asked Jason if they were able to update the firmware on all the bikes before delivery. The mechanics have already been to Holland and had their training. They brought a USB stick back with them and the firmware will get updated as part of the pre delivery process. I suggested it would be good if they can make a note of the existing firmware and the new version after the update. It would be useful to keep a record of it for each bike and give each customer the details too.

Let's hope this helps to avoid a few niggles down the road, if you'll excuse the terrible pun...

stevewp

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2015, 09:11:52 PM »

Hi guys,

new to the forum. Test rode Streetbike's 2015 SR on Sunday and loved it. Just thought I'd chip in with what Jason told me about the subsidies on Sunday - he said they couldn't be applied retrospectively - only on unregistered bikes. So that's a bit of a bummer and making me hold off slightly on buying one just yet.

I didn't realise the Police spec bike was for sale to the general public though.......

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »

It's a fleet order that didn't went through.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:28 PM »

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum and thanks for the news.

I got this back today from the office of my local MP, which has been very helpful:

As you are aware, I was waiting for information from the Library regarding the subsidy for electric motorcycles.

I have spoken with them today, and unfortunately there is still no indication of when this grant will be put into place. Until details of the scheme is announced, it cannot yet be confirmed whether the grant will be applied retrospectively, however unfortunately I have been told that a retrospective scheme is highly unlikely.

The Library sent me a copy of an email they were privy to from the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) – I have included an extract below.

“OLEV continues to work closely with the motorcycle industry and other key stakeholders as it finalises the details of the scheme including the grant level, eligibility criteria and the logistics of the grant. This includes considering precisely what eligibility criteria might be used for the grant scheme, how vehicles would then be assessed against the criteria and registered, how the grant scheme might be implemented for those purchasing ePTWs, for those manufacturing ePTWs and for those selling them”

At this time, we do not have any further information, however, if there have been no further announcements by the end of January then do get in touch and we would be happy to chase the Department again for further information. Based on the information I have received, if you do want to receive the subsidy, I would strongly recommend waiting as based on the information I have been given, I am not confident that this will be applied retrospectively.

I am sorry that this is unlikely to be the response you were hoping for, but do let me know if you have any further questions.

With best wishes for the New Year,

Victoria Parkin
Caseworker to Anne Main MP

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2015, 06:02:26 AM »

Thanks for the update mostlybonkers,that's what I heard from OLEV too,its a line they've been spinning for quite some time,further developments are well over due !!!!!
That's seems to be the common denominator I keep hearing,that its not going to be retrospective,so need to make sure Streetbike don't register our DSP's just yet :-)
Still waiting on news from my MP,although I presume they will be saying similar sorts of things,as soon as I hear ,I'll post it up...........

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »

Sod it, I'm not waiting till March...

I want my SR.  :P
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

stevewp

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »

Have they not been prepared to move on the price to persuade you guys to have the bikes sooner?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2015, 03:24:48 AM »

Streetbike are in an awkward position as a result of the speculation about when the subsidy will come in. The bikes they have in were all ordered by people who were willing to purchase without the subsidy. At the time there wasn't any indication of when or if it might happen. The only thing we had to go on was the statement on the website from the old government. 

Around the same time that the bikes actually got delivered, word was out that the subsidy was coming soon and information would be released imminently. That didn't happen as expected and I'll eat my hat if any kind of subsidy is in place before March.

It's a shame on the government for raising our expectations yet again and not delivering in any kind of reasonable timescale. If they could have just been honest about it and said that it will take more time, then everyone would have been on their bikes for Christmas.

Therefore, I don't feel it's down to Streetbike to try and drop the price on a batch of bikes that are already only giving a very small margin.  In fact if Streetbike hadn't been so open about the information they were getting from their sources on the subsidy, the deals would have been done. Instead they're sitting on about ten bikes that are in limbo which isn't great for them. I think they've been very honorable throughout all of this, IMHO.

That's why I've decided to progress things rather than wait any longer. I don't think most people could have lived with themselves if they had bought just before Christmas only to have the subsidy announced along with the news on car and van subsidies on 17th December. As it happens, the changes to those grants come in with the new registration in March and I'm now convinced the motorcycle subsidy will follow suit.

If I keep running my VFR until March I'll have spent £500 on fuel, at least another 500 on the next service which includes valve clearances and another 250 or so on a new set of tyres. Also, the more miles I put on the bike, the more difficult it becomes for Streetbike to stick to their original quote. I spoke to Jason today and they're happy to go with the deal we agreed before Christmas despite me putting another thousand miles on the clock since.

I'm sure that I could come to a new deal with Streetbike in March and they'll hold the DSP for me until then. The subsidy will offset the depreciation on my VFR and cover my running costs until then. Streetbike will give it some new boots and a service and I'll probably break even.  In many ways, the sensible thing to do is just wait.  However, there's a niggle in the back of my mind that the government will disappoint again. Either they won't get their act together in time to implement in March or the amount of subsidy won't meet the expectations set by the previous government. They've already reduced the subsidy for cars, especially hybrids. It might only be worth about £500 on the DSP bikes, or those bikes might be under a threshold that means they get nothing. The DSP bikes are already at the same retail price of the Honda NC750S DCT I bought back in April. A very comparable bike in terms of performance but with the added cost of regular servicing and petrol.

The DSP bikes are an exception though. Most new bikes in the range are going to cost £10,000 for a 2015 model and upwards. I would like to see at least £1500 off bikes at that level but I think the Tories will use the spending review and austerity measures to bring it down. They don't really seem to care about the environment and they certainly aren't going to care about upsetting a small handful of bikers.

I'd be interested to hear others' views on this. In the meantime Jason is checking with the workshop how much needs to be done to prepare the bikes for sale. The panels are on order and the technicians will be back on Saturday so normal service will resume next week. The firmware needs to be upgraded. There's also a question about whether or not any work needs to be done to the wiring loom. If I'm lucky I might be able to pick mine up next weekend.

I don't know about everyone else but I like to get on with things once I've made a decision. The planets only stay aligned for so long. I still have an opportunity to buy a Zero but things might change by March. Some unforeseen expense will have cropped up or whatever. I might change my mind and just keep the VFR as it's such a great bike and petrol keeps coming down in price so why not make the most of it? Nope, it's now or never for me. Or now or some other time when batteries get cheap, Zero do fairings,  integrated quick charging that isn't half baked, the big boys enter the market, etc, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11