• April 29, 2024, 11:52:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Found a company that might install ChaDeMo, few questions  (Read 869 times)

Erasmo

• View Profile
Found a company that might install ChaDeMo, few questions
« on: November 05, 2015, 04:16:01 AM »

Hello,

I finally found a company that is installs aftermarket ChaDeMo inlets on ev-converts and they are willing to give it a go on a Zero. I'm eyeballing a '14 S to be the subject of this operation but since I don't have one yet I have to do most of the preparations from paper.

The point where I'm stalling right now is what the best entry point would be for the DC input. On a 14 the anderson connection should be fused at 100 amp, but it seems that charging right in the controller is also an option?
But from what I have read you also need to be charging on the onboard charger to make that happen because of the connectors? And if I the onboard charger is powered does it help charging or does it just signal the bms that it should be in charging mode.

So to resume, what's the best entry point for the wires coming from a DC source on a 2014 S with power tank.

I know that this forum is a goldmine for technical information and I've read a lot of threads but I'm a little overhwelmed by it and with no bike around it's quite hard to quickly go check something and I don't want to give the shop wrong information.

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Found a company that might install ChaDeMo, few questions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »

After a good night of sleep and some more reading around the forum I'm thinking that the anderson connection would be the best option right now.

Does somebody have a good photo of the bike side anderson inlet? I could've sworn I saw it on the forum somewhere but I can't find it anymore.

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Found a company that might install ChaDeMo, few questions
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:19:58 PM »

Got a quote, when you bring your own top box the price for the plug and stuff installed is €2117.
Pages: [1]