• April 29, 2024, 07:20:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: News on the UK subsidy  (Read 5584 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: News on the UK subsidy
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2016, 12:46:53 PM »

That is annoying, WD. If any of us could trust anything the government said, you might have been advised to hold off for a little while. They are a law unto themselves. Streetbike were fed bullshit from sources close to the decision makers. It caused a fair bit of trouble last year; people holding off, Streetbike ordering bikes in from HQ and the bikes not selling through.

Is it too late? If your bike hasn't been registered yet, there may be a chance.

I think you still pay the full VAT, but they apply a 20% discount to the total with VAT. Up to that 1,500 cap.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »

Just had email confirmation from Zero that they are in the process of getting the bikes approved for the subsidy. Maybe this will be announced properly along with the 2017 models (in a few weeks).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

WDavis4692

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2016, 10:08:39 PM »

Yeah it's too late now.  Zero is only interested in applying the 2017 range for the subsidy.  For those of you on the hook to get a Zero, it looks like the 2017 range will be your opportunity.

In other, unrelated news, I don't even have an A2 license.  Lol.  I'm going to be taking my modules 1 and 2 ON the Zero, possibly making me the first person in the country to pass their motorbike test on an electric motorcycle.  Should be interesting.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2016, 03:07:20 AM »

From an email from Zero
Our complete 2017 model line is on display at the Motorcycle Live show in Birmingham.

A few reasons to drop by:

More torque than ever

New aesthetics

A special show offer

Starting January 1st, new Zero Motorcycles shall be eligible for a government grant of £ 1,500, pending final approval.
Anyone been and know what the show offer is? I'm almost certain to order a 2017 FXS. I won't be going to Birmingham (from Surrey) just to see the new models, but might if there was a decent offer going on.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:08:56 AM by Fred »
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2016, 06:20:23 PM »

Dunno. Give someone like Streetbike a call, they'd probably know.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2016, 04:57:30 AM »

Final approval? Lol! Let's hope that Jan 1st date doesn't get busted like it did a year ago. I wonder if Streetbike have any 2014 DSP bikes left? They'd be quite a bargain at around £5,200 with the subsidy.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2016, 10:56:00 PM »

I think that each model has to be registered to be eligible, so nothing prior to 2017 models (even if new) would get the grant. I may be wrong though.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2016, 04:08:48 AM »

It seems my comment above about the grant only applying to 2017 models isn't correct.

I just ordered a new 2016 FXS for delivery in January. Zero had a few left at a £1,500 discount over the 2017 models. With the £1,500 grant that brought the price down to £8,390. At that price (and a reasonable trade-in on my Aprilia Dorsodoro) I just couldn't resist any longer.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2016, 04:38:09 AM »

Congrats Fred. When are you getting the bike? I thought the subsidy wasn't going live until Jan.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »

It seems my comment above about the grant only applying to 2017 models isn't correct.

I just ordered a new 2016 FXS for delivery in January. Zero had a few left at a £1,500 discount over the 2017 models. With the £1,500 grant that brought the price down to £8,390. At that price (and a reasonable trade-in on my Aprilia Dorsodoro) I just couldn't resist any longer.

Welcome to the nutter club of EV bikers.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2016, 05:32:08 PM »

The bike will arrive at the dealer and be registered in January, so the subsidy will apply.

I also heard of a guy who bought a demo bike and also qualified for the subsidy, as the bike has only been used on trade plates so is currently unregistered.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »

It seems the subsidy is still a mess. It was supposed to start on 1st January. So why do I now have a FXS that I've bought mid December sitting at the dealer unable to be registered yet?

Initially it took 4 weeks for Zero to send the documentation for my bike. (Longer than shipping the bike itself.) Now it turns out that the guys at Zero Europe are still trying to get the bike signed up to be applicable for the £1500 UK grant! It should only take a few more days, but I now have insurance that expires on my current bike this weekend and no bike to replace it. (I had to pick a day to transfer insurance over.)

Whilst it does seem to be down to the UK government dragging their heels, it's not great that Zero hadn't let their dealers know this.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2017, 04:02:49 AM »

A year late and they still can't keep to a deadline. I'm sorry to hear you've been messed about Fred.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]