• April 29, 2024, 12:34:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Siemens built TTXGP 2nd place XXL Racing Electric Drive  (Read 889 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Siemens built TTXGP 2nd place XXL Racing Electric Drive
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:47:10 AM »

@domenick_y pointed out a great article on the TTXGP. I admit I saw it and forgot to read it all, really glad he reminded me. It is an awesome read and gives you insight into the teams and what went on before, during and after the race.

Here is an interesting bit of info. XXL Racing engineer gives Siemens (sponsor of the OCC Smart Chopper) a lot of credit for their win...

The rest of the pack zooms by, chains clicking furiously, on the way to their next checkpoint, the Sulby speed trap. A privateer team from Germany, XXL, pours on the juice to ring up the race's fastest recorded top speed: 106.5 miles per hour. XXL's English-­speaking engineer, Marko Werner, laughs at the grandstand crowd's stunned reaction when they hear the figure over the PA. "It vas easy," Werner says. There were no all-nighters or last-minute track days for him or his team, because instead of trying to reinvent the electric wheel, XXL spent its time and money--four months and 35,000 euros--sourcing the most trouble-free components it could find: a water-cooled motor and controller designed for a 10-year-old hybrid car, the Audi A4 Duo. "Siemens did all the verk," Werner confides.

http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/23172/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:53:16 AM by skadamo »
Pages: [1]