• April 29, 2024, 02:59:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Whoops I did it again - 2015 SR Purchased!  (Read 792 times)

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
Whoops I did it again - 2015 SR Purchased!
« on: December 29, 2015, 04:50:13 AM »

Actually the family did it again - my son bought his his own 2015 SR.

Motivators in addition to not wanting to share - Year End Pricing coupled with Federal Tax Credit.

Winter storm rolling overhead today we loaded it into the back of a pickup this morning and trucked it home at around 40 mph.

A little heavier and taller at the "tank" than my 2013 S.

In the manual under "VIN breakdown" the "Model Line" is "M7" which translates to:
        M7 = 15 MY S/SR/SP (9.4)
        M8 = 15 MY S/SR/SP (12.4)

Though it is clearly an 2015 SR 12.4.

also in the VIN the "Model" code is a "G" for SR.

I checked another SR on the dealer floor (Randy's Cycle in Marengo Illinois) and that SR 12.4 too was listed as "M7", so I suspect a documentation error. 

Randy's also had the 2016 TT Empulse - and allowed me to climb on it. Tank is tall - and skinny. Laying down on the tank is an arched position unless you roll to the side. We have a blizzard so a test drive was unreasonable to expect.

I have cabling for a second charging circuit into the garage already in the ceiling... I just need to determine the parking configuration and drop it down inside the wall for another outlet somewhere.

http://www.randyscycle.com/  Reported selling about 15+ Zeros per year. I was happy to do business with him. My dad bought a Vectrix there a couple years ago and I've recommended them since. Now I still recommend them.

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops I did it again - 2015 SR Purchased!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 05:24:34 AM »

I was at Randy's Cycle on Saturday and saw a 2015 SR with a sold tag on it....was that yours?  I bought my 2014 S from Randy.

I test rode a 2016 FXS and 2016 SR while I was there.  They had just received the SR and it hadn't been ridden yet. Randy had it pulled around front and put the mirrors on and pulled some plastic off the tank before I went on my ride.  It started to mist while I was there and the road was REALLY slick, the tires were brand new, and the weather was cold so the ride wasn't as long as I would have liked but I did get in a short ride on each before the rain really started.
2014 Zero S

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
Re: Whoops I did it again - 2015 SR Purchased!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 07:38:21 AM »

I was at Randy's Cycle on Saturday and saw a 2015 SR with a sold tag on it....was that yours?  I bought my 2014 S from Randy.

Yes, it was tagged on the mirror and waiting.   Tried to make it on Saturday but could not get finished at the bank and turned around in time to make it back for family plans.

We had ridden the SR in Scotts Valley so it that particular model was being watched as soon the year end price drop we put down a deposit, and then the tax credit materialized.  So we might not really test drive it until spring. (or next Sunday when forecast says 36F and sunny.)
Pages: [1]