• April 29, 2024, 04:17:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battery percentage not accurate!  (Read 2643 times)

odedmaz

• View Profile
Re: Battery percentage not accurate!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 12:04:37 AM »

Got another straight cut off from 4% to 0%. This time I was ready for it. Need to get used to it.

Amazing how different the current draw between off road riding and fast highway riding.

10 minutes of highway equals to about an hour of offroad riding, with my driving style.

The FX is a great machine, built more for short distances commutes and off road IMO.

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 09:40:13 PM »

Today my FX shut itself down at 12% (directly to 0%). Can be dangerous if happends in the middle of the road.

The bigger problen is that although partially charged now. It won't start. Getting some blinking dash board with no power.

Looks like the bike is going tomorrow back to the dealer for inspection.

mguw

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 04:04:00 AM »

Hello

I see all the times discrepancies between % on dashboard and in the phone app on my '15 fx

A+ Marcel

Electronpusher

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 10:47:54 AM »

The Soc is also based on the voltage of the battery.  So turning off the bike for a short period lets the battery re-gain some voltage.  It is just a function of how batteries work being chemistry driven things.  It is possible to make a SOC meter that that records the power in and power out but it is difficult and requires equipment and computing power and it is still not 100% accurate. 

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 01:42:26 PM »

I've never seen an SoC gauge, lithium, lead, Alkaline, NiMH or NiCad in my life that was anything like accurate.
Working out exactly what state a bunch of chemical reactions are currently at is absurdly hard apparently.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Lipo423

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 01:44:40 PM »

My experience is that when the dashboard starts to make silly or inaccurate battery readings it is time to get the bike to the dealer for a computer BMS reset and cells re-balancing…
Concerning the fact of getting "extra" juice on the bike after on-off it is sometimes due to fact that cells are normally a little -or just hot- after being used, and there is a thermal interchange

As already mentioned by other members I would not count with the last 5-10% remaining battery capacity it is very risky -specially in smaller packs like the FX- as a smaller voltage variation will shut off the bike immediately
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:55:32 PM by Lipo423 »
Bikes: Kawa GPX 600, Suzuki GSX 750-R, Yamaha FZR 1000, Suzuki Lido 75, Peugeot SV 125, Suzuki Burgman 400, Suzuki Burgman 650, KTM EXC 250, 2012 Zero ZF9 - All of them sold -
2014 Zero SR 11.4, BMW C1 125, BMW R 850R

officialhopsof

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 12:36:20 AM »

I usually run one battery when I take my 2015 FX offroad, and last time I did, one of the batteries quit at %20 (jumped from 20 to 0). I need to do a test to see if this is consistent because at that point, the gauge is pretty much useless
Pages: 1 [2]