• April 28, 2024, 01:31:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: acceleration curve for SR 2016  (Read 2905 times)

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
Re: acceleration curve for SR 2016
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 02:52:47 AM »

Acceleration curves?

Usually its torque and power because acceleration is dependent on rider weight, head wind, rolling resistance, grade, ect.

F=ma

lol.. you are right!..  it should be called speed vs time  curve...  while the instantanous slope at each time is the acceleration  given by the torque   and  Power is torque time speed...

and acceleration depend on power, weight,  and all frictions.... and as well max rpm

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 11:10:36 AM »

Earlier in the thread I said that the 60-80 time of 3.2s seemed slow so yesterday and today I did several runs to check it. When rolling at a steady 60 and then pinning it I was getting to 80 in a little over 2s. By 3.2s I was over 90. 60-80 while already accelerating was under 2s so my bike doesn't drop off nearly as much as the graph would indicate. The acceleration up top isn't as fierce as mid-range but it's still fairly strong. As Protomech mentioned, we don't know any details about that particular test so who knows? My runs were done on several roads in both directions with very little wind and temperatures in the mid-70's. I weigh 150 pounds and I was tucked as low as possible. I don't know why but recently I have been riding rather sedately so this was a lot of fun. I imagine that the cars on the freeway that would pass me (one or two lanes over, I was being careful) only to have me flash by a couple of seconds later thought I was being a hooligan which I guess I was.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:13:40 AM by MichaelJohn »
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »

Thanks for the info Michael. Everyone quotes 0-60 times but most of the time having good acceleration for overtaking is where it counts.

That experience you mention of riding sedately and then rediscovering the fun of spirited riding has happened to me a few times now.
Pages: 1 [2]