• April 29, 2024, 07:57:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Google's pedestrian catcher  (Read 454 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Google's pedestrian catcher
« on: May 19, 2016, 03:57:54 AM »

Google has you covered if you are a pedestrian.  ;D On the front page of my newspaper this morning is an article about a new Google patent application. It is designed to save pedestrians when one of their self-driving cars hits one of those soft two-leg mobile devices that gets in its way. It is something like fly paper that will cover the hood of the car.  :o When the robot hits a pedestrian, he falls backward and sticks to the hood of the car, thereby preventing the poor sap from being tossed on to the pavement.  :) (Then the robot car can drive him to the hospital, with a stop at his attorney's office along the way, and he will never need the services of an ambulance.) Sounds like a very efficient idea to me.  ::) I am sure that it will be well received by all government regulators.  ;)

The article was written by Ethan Baron of the Bay Area News Group.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

corentinoger

• View Profile
Re: Google's pedestrian catcher
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »

I could see an application when the neighbours kids play soccer too close from parked car : they'll never get their ball back!
2015 Zero DS, formerly BMW F650GS(800cc), Honda Varadero 125, Yamaha YBR 125
Pages: [1]