• April 29, 2024, 06:44:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 600 mile service this weekend.  (Read 1806 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: 600 mile service this weekend.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 06:22:35 AM »

The case Zero is selling on that page is the E340, which I had for a while on my 13DS until I upgraded the case. (On the 16DSR I ordered the Monokey top plate and used my favorite case from my V-Strom.)
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 07:51:16 AM »

Thanks! I'm still undecided which case to get. Both in terms of size and construction.

I had the V46 monokey on my Vectrix and it was pretty good (sturdier than the monolock versions, like the E340), but sold it with the bike. I'm trying to figure out if I should get one of the smaller cases, like the $90 30L monolock E30 or splurge again on a sturdier and bigger monokey like the V46... I only use it for commuting and the 46 liter was enough for my helmet and either my riding jacket or my pants but not both. The 30L will only hold the helmet plus maybe the gloves...

Do I need to purchase a new Zero-specific plate with the monokey cases (the monolock ones come with plates)?

The case Zero is selling on that page is the E340, which I had for a while on my 13DS until I upgraded the case. (On the 16DSR I ordered the Monokey top plate and used my favorite case from my V-Strom.)
'15 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 07:57:47 AM »

Thanks! I'm still undecided which case to get. Both in terms of size and construction.

I had the V46 monokey on my Vectrix and it was pretty good (sturdier than the monolock versions, like the E340), but sold it with the bike. I'm trying to figure out if I should get one of the smaller cases, like the $90 30L monolock E30 or splurge again on a sturdier and bigger monokey like the V46... I only use it for commuting and the 46 liter was enough for my helmet and either my riding jacket or my pants but not both. The 30L will only hold the helmet plus maybe the gloves...

I recommend getting a larger case no matter what. I find that buying a larger case just means that you have more options and you wind up using the bike for those options. I use a Maxia 3 (Terry is now using a Maxia 4) and can fit a laptop case and two bags of groceries in it. It's really great.

Do I need to purchase a new Zero-specific plate with the monokey cases (the monolock ones come with plates)?

Oh, right. The Zero top plate kit requires you to get a universal Monokey adapter and bolt to it (pretty easy). I transferred mine from the V-Strom.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:59:40 AM by BrianTRice »
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 [2]