• April 27, 2024, 01:52:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FXS showa 41mm front forks too stiff  (Read 3045 times)

Count_Hejnowski

• View Profile
Re: FXS showa 41mm front forks too stiff
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 02:18:54 AM »

I did not talk with my dealership - I really see no point discussing it with them, since the suspension is what it is. I'm sure Zero is aware of the settings. I might still mention it to the dealer if I drive by to pick-up some tools from them. They should probably report it to Zero, but I don't want them messing with my suspension.

I did end-up with adjustments that I think are quite satisfactory for me. Unfortunately, I lost track of the # of clicks on each setting. I may go check on that soon, but right now I do not know. What matters is that I'm quite happy with the setup at up to below highway speeds. At high speed I think the shocks do not react fast enough and bumps can be a bit harsh, but not terrible.

I'd be interested to reduce the preload on the front even further if I ever get to take the forks apart, but that would be a winter project if I even get to it.

Kocho
Please let me know what you end up with.
My S seems really harsh in normal street riding.
Kocho,
 Yeah I could give you more detailed instructions for what I did, just PM me if you want. FYI to just replace the spacers there's no need to drain the oil. I drained it in one fork so I could measure the springs and set length. I totally understand your feelings about a dealer or a suspension shop, that was the same motivation I had for the DIY. Also the only info I got through ZERO was about fork oil level which I included above. Maria from ZERO mentioned that RACE TECH has some valving and spring options (not on their website though) but I didn't want to spend $$ so soon on a brand new bike. Good luck, Matt
Pages: 1 [2]