• April 27, 2024, 09:56:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FX vs FXS for commuting with a little dirt once in a while  (Read 10028 times)

Zen

• Conway, NH
    • View Profile
Re: FX vs FXS for commuting with a little dirt once in a while
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 08:52:55 PM »

do what i did, buy the 2016 FX-S. you get the better motor (IPM) and the street wheels. when you get your $650 fuel for Life card, buy some dirt wheels. best of both worlds, plus the SM wheels on the street are just too much fun to pass up. your gonna love ridding this in the town, especially if you like to twist the throttle. your 60 miles round trip  is going to be about max range as well, if you once again, like to twist the throttle. if you can plug in at work, it wont be any issue.

good luck,

laramie  ;)

I thought the 2016 FX and FXS motors were the same   Z-Force® 75-5
Zero soon, 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear p, 1995 GL1500SE

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »

nope. gotta read carefully. one is the old motor (FX), and the other is the new IPM motor (FXS). both are the same size, just the IPM has better cooling rates.

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

Zen

• Conway, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 12:33:26 AM »

nope. gotta read carefully. one is the old motor (FX), and the other is the new IPM motor (FXS). both are the same size, just the IPM has better cooling rates.

laters,

laramie  ;)

Thanks a bit sneaky in the wording in the specs page, but the devil is in the details page  :o

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 03:57:44 AM »

In the early days of supermoto racing, before there were "supermoto" specific tires made. We ran race slicks with hand cut grooves. Lots at first because everyone thought it was needed in the dirt. As things progressed the fastest guys were running fewer and fewer grooves with most running only perpendicular across the centerline. I even saw guys on full slicks flyin! Though I have not ridden my FXS in the dirt (yet), and depending on where your riding, you may be surprised at how it handles dirt. Just my 2 cents.

Zen

• Conway, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 04:20:37 AM »

In the early days of supermoto racing, before there were "supermoto" specific tires made. We ran race slicks with hand cut grooves. Lots at first because everyone thought it was needed in the dirt. As things progressed the fastest guys were running fewer and fewer grooves with most running only perpendicular across the centerline. I even saw guys on full slicks flyin! Though I have not ridden my FXS in the dirt (yet), and depending on where your riding, you may be surprised at how it handles dirt. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the insight
Pages: 1 [2]