• April 27, 2024, 12:26:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lighten the mood/media tool for breaking the ice about your Zero  (Read 1769 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Lighten the mood/media tool for breaking the ice about your Zero
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 03:57:38 AM »

Just took a quick glance at the Facebook page.  For the most part, I saw women wearing practical riding gear either riding, or posing with their Zeros.  It isn't scantily clad women in bikinis or lingerie, so I don't see the problem?  Are attractive women NOT supposed to ride Zeros?

I can still remember the uproar when Cycle World had a cover photo featuring Leeann Tweeden.  What the "haters" didn't seem to realize was that at the time, not only was she dating a motorcycle racer, she rode her own motorcycles too.  I guess in certain eyes, only unattractive women are supposed to ride motorcycles??  I guess those people never saw photos of Melissa Paris, or Shelina Moreda...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 06:22:06 AM »

Just took a quick glance at the Facebook page.  ...  It isn't scantily clad women in bikinis or lingerie, so I don't see the problem?

What I'm seeing from Terry's initiative are encouraging stories and idol-style "in the life of" pictures and some moderate showing-off. In the range of things I find offensive or boneheaded, it's neither here nor there. If the ladies like it and want to contribute then hopefully they just kind of take it over. Terry seems like a good guy, and it's good publicity really for Charger who is the star of the whole show anyways, obviously #InstaGirlsonZeros was just to get your attention.

There's that dry humour again. I've worked with scoundrels and hooligans on a festival construction site, and given equal opportunity (over the years) i.e. the ladies are the most impressive heavy machinery operators I've ever known. Not a lot of guys I know have the opportunity to be in an environment where, since the ladies don't have to overcome the "boys' club" problem, there's a chance to normalize that it is non-threatening when ladies excel at things that usually guys kind of claim and piss all over as their own. I sincerely hope guys reading my reply here are confused and don't understand what problem I'm talking about, and just be glad that you're not surrounded by meatballs with a shoe-sized intelligence. Your. Whole. Life. Since birth.

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 06:52:12 AM »

And for those who think I'm objectifying my pup Charger, you're damn right I am! :) :) :)

She's a beautiful happy amazing dog who goes everywhere with me and she loves taking pictures with everyone she meets.  I know there are those who think its wrong to take a dog on a motorcycle or that it's dangerous or I'm a bad dog owner because of it (trust me I've heard it all) and what I've decided is you can't make everyone happy no matter what you do. 

Umm...charger told me to tell you she wants you to buy her a pair of doggles...don't ask how, just trust me  ;)

http://www.aerostich.com/doggles.html?utm_source=Digital_Catalog&utm_medium=PDF&utm_campaign=Spring_2016
2014 Zero S
Pages: 1 [2]