• April 27, 2024, 11:44:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: S & SR General Questions  (Read 1961 times)

LeftieBiker

• 42 Years of Motorcycling - 13 years with EVs
    • View Profile
Re: S & SR General Questions
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 05:05:42 AM »

Don't use dishwashing liquid as some brands contain salt, which isnt good for the fasteners that already rust very rapidly.  Get some cheap car shampoo.

We use natural brands that don't contain salt, but thanks for the warning. I also only use a few drops, to minimize the need to rinse.
EV Ownership:

2001 Oxygen Lepton
2008 X-Treme XM-3000
2011 ZEV 5000LA
2015 Zero SR
Too many electric bicycles to list, mostly EZIP

c-fut

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 10:32:54 AM »

I am trying to adjust my handlebar as well. I was able to loosen and rotate the mirrors on both sides but I'm having trouble with the controls. I started with loosening the 2 phillips screws on the left control, I have the bottom piece loose but I'm not able to rotate the top as I didn't want to force it. I think I remember on my ICE bikes that there was a nipple that went into the handlebar to keep it in place. Is that why I can't rotate it?
2016 Zero S ZF13.0

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 05:31:43 PM »

The owner's manual is also missing. Fortunately I've been using a PDF of it.

The "Owner's Manual" is just a thumb drive the dealer gives you.  I'd prefer an actual BOOK, but I guess this is "progress."  I put the PDF on my phone so I always have it in a readable format when I'm riding.  It works just fine with the Kindle app.  It would be better if Zero made it available in .mobi format, but PDF will do for now.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »

The owner's manual is also missing. Fortunately I've been using a PDF of it.

The "Owner's Manual" is just a thumb drive the dealer gives you.  I'd prefer an actual BOOK, but I guess this is "progress."  I put the PDF on my phone so I always have it in a readable format when I'm riding.  It works just fine with the Kindle app.  It would be better if Zero made it available in .mobi format, but PDF will do for now.

What I did was to take my thumb drive to Staples and have them print out the entire manual on paper for me as I don't like to look at text on a computer screen, especially while I am working on a vehicle.  Printing the manual cost about $10, which I thought was a pretty good deal, considering what the typical paper vehicle manual costs if bought from a dealer or book store.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]