• April 29, 2024, 02:33:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DS/DSR truck bumper hauler  (Read 2254 times)

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Re: DS/DSR truck bumper hauler
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 04:21:17 AM »

This one looks pretty decent and folds up. I have some Black Widow ramps and they are real high quality.

http://www.discountramps.com/folding-motorcycle-carrier/p/AMC-400-F/

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 07:02:26 AM »

This one looks pretty decent and folds up. I have some Black Widow ramps and they are real high quality.

http://www.discountramps.com/folding-motorcycle-carrier/p/AMC-400-F/

I have this exact model from discount ramps (purchased through Amazon) except mine doesn't fold up...which in my opinion is better because it's already a little wobbly... adding a hinge just seems like it would make things worse.

The good. It's made out of aluminum so it's light. Which means it's easier to attach and remove from the hitch by yourself and minimizes the added weight to worry about when considering tongue capacity. It's also well built.

The bad. It's only rated for 400lbs... my 2014 Zero S is right at the limit (399lbs) and it could carry an FX or FXS or even Zero S/DS ZF9.8.  A DSR or SR pushes over 400lbs.  The ramp can also only be attached on the passenger side which means that it's easy to drive on by yourself but really hard to get off by yourself...unless you modify to allow the ramp to be attached to the drivers side too...then you could drive on and drive off (not ridding...just walking it but using the throttle to make things a LOT easier).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

Kd5drs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 12:38:23 AM »

Does the brace work on a DS/DSR?   Dos it / can it damage the fender?  It looks like it will put stress on the bottom of the fenders well

acacia1731

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 01:02:49 AM »

If the fender attaches to the triple clamps with bolts underneath, and if the brace can rest against those bolts without stressing the fender, then it should be no problem.

Not sure if that specific version will fit a DS, but there are other options if you search the web for "adjustable fork brace".  Or, you can make one to fit (took me 5 minutes by cutting two 2X3's to the desired length and screwing them together).

Probably can't use any with the S, with it's lower fender.
2015 Zero FX (off-road setup), 2013 KTM 250SX, Kuberg Cross Hero, STACYC 16EDrive
Pages: 1 [2]