• April 27, 2024, 10:17:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Integrated LED taillight for FX?  (Read 1845 times)

laramie LC4

• View Profile
Re: Integrated LED taillight for FX?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 05:41:59 AM »

sorry guys, work has been busy. i once compared my job to being a fish, in a fish bowl, on a boat, at sea, in the middle of an ocean. it's fluid to say the least and you never know what gonna happen minute by minute, let alone day by day. some times it's calm and you do what ever makes you happy, others times it's a hurricane and you better have your A game. you make plans and prepare but...

i was able to make some progress this afternoon between 2 meetings. i have the rear brake/tail all soldered, and heat shrinked with the OEM plug. i have made some blinker extension wires and soldered and heat shrank those. all that is left on the rear is cutting the bullet fasteners off the new blinkers, and soldering on the extensions i just mentioned, then heat shrink it all. after that, it's ready to go back on the bike.

i also figured out my front blinkers and their wiring connectors. i wanted something small but still detachable. i could not find any mini bullet or spade connectors that i was happy with so i decided to just use molex electrical pins (male/female) which i will heat shrink over the entire female pin. basically making my own "micro bullet" connectors. i think it's gonna be perfect.

assuming the "seas" are calm tomorrow i should at least have the rear end put back together and will snap some pics.

cross fingers. my heel is feeling better and better and i'm starting to get the itch. it's gonna be time to ride soon.

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC
Pages: 1 [2]