• April 28, 2024, 02:19:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2014 SR Clock Malfunction  (Read 1163 times)

Tater McTatums

• View Profile
2014 SR Clock Malfunction
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:06:16 PM »

My 2014 SR has developed a non-serious and yet interesting issue.  I discovered it yesterday when I unplugged my bike and went to go for a ride.  The clock in the upper left corner of the dash will no longer display a time other than "00:00".  I tried to go in and reset the time but it will not respond to inputs. I can adjust anything else on the dash except the clock. It won't let me add hours or minutes or change between 12 hr & 24 hr modes. 

Also, when the dash runs its self-test at startup, at the very end the dash shows "EEE" where the speed is displayed but only for a second. Then the dash works as normal, with the exception of the clock. I'm assuming that "EEE" denotes an error of some sort and that the two are related. However, there are no error codes displayed on the dash.

I already have an appointment with the dealer to replace my tank bag (zipper broke off), my charging cord (3rd prong broke off but still works to charge the bike), and to perform a reflash on the computer on the 11th.  When I drop it off I'm going to mention the clock and have them fix it while its there.  Like I said at the beginning, its not a serious issue, everything else on the bike still works as it should.  Just putting my story out there in case anyone else has run into this.
2014 Zero SR ZF 11.4

Tater McTatums

• View Profile
Re: 2014 SR Clock Malfunction
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »

In case anyone was curious, I dropped the bike off at the dealer on Saturday so that they could replace my tank bag & charging cord and update the software on the bike.  They got back to me on Monday saying that everything had been taken care of with the exception of the clock.  The dealer got in touch with Zero and said that the only way to fix the issue with the clock is to replace the entire cluster.  The cluster is on order and I am leaving the bike with them until it is fixed.  My bike is still under warranty so this will not cost me anything, just letting others know.
2014 Zero SR ZF 11.4

jtchivers

• View Profile
Re: 2014 SR Clock Malfunction
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 03:52:38 AM »

I experienced exactly these symptoms today on my 2016 DSR, which I bought in June. I also found that I can no longer connect using the iPhone app. I tried to do so to access the bike logs.

Did you ever find out what the problem was or what caused it?

Either way, it looks like a trip to the dealer is in order.
Pages: [1]