• April 29, 2024, 06:22:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bayarea dealer service department experiences  (Read 799 times)

c-fut

• View Profile
Bayarea dealer service department experiences
« on: September 21, 2016, 11:50:42 AM »

I would like to know your experience with service departments in the Bayarea as we have quite a few dealerships here. I'm trying to find a dealership that is honest and knows what they are doing. The two that are closes to me are Contra Costa Powersports or SF Moto but might be willing to travel if someone is better. Any stories?
2016 Zero S ZF13.0

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Bayarea dealer service department experiences
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »

Fortunately, I haven't needed to return to my dealer since the 600-mile servicing for my 2014 S from Mission Motorcycles in Daly City. I found them to have a good staff and they were very knowledgeable about Zero motorcycles. Unfortunately, they went out of business last year when the shop owner got fed up with the whole vehicle-selling bureaucracy, retired and sold the building to The Dollar Store. However their Zero sales lady and the shop's Zero technician relocated to SF Moto, which seems like a nice store.  But parking and traveling around San Francisco sucks, so I try to stay away from that shop unless I really needed their services - which I haven't so far, other than ordering a spare drive belt. My limited experience with SF Moto makes me think that the staff is competent, so I can recommend them if you don't mind traveling to SF and can find a place to park.

My only complaint about SF Moto is that they seem to have a huge backlog of motorcycles that are being serviced or repaired and I would be concerned about how long it would take them to get to your bike if it needed such service.  Attached is a photo showing the alley where they park the bikes that are being stored during daylight until they can get around to working on them some day.  I assume that they stuff them inside in the evening.  I note that they apparently pay a homeless person to watch the bikes all day long so that they won't be stolen.  He sits in a chair on the opposite side of the alley watching over the bikes that are waiting for parts to arrive or service to be scheduled.

The other other Zero dealer that I know of in the Bay Area is San Jose BMW/Zero/etc.  But I have no experience with that shop.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 12:20:24 AM »

I'm in Oakland and travel to Contra Costa for servicing, just because of the SF Moto backlog. Contra Costa's service department has been fine so far as I can tell.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

c-fut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:27:21 AM »

Fortunately, I haven't needed to return to my dealer since the 600-mile servicing for my 2014 S from Mission Motorcycles in Daly City. I found them to have a good staff and they were very knowledgeable about Zero motorcycles. Unfortunately, they went out of business last year when the shop owner got fed up with the whole vehicle-selling bureaucracy, retired and sold the building to The Dollar Store. However their Zero sales lady and the shop's Zero technician relocated to SF Moto, which seems like a nice store.  But parking and traveling around San Francisco sucks, so I try to stay away from that shop unless I really needed their services - which I haven't so far, other than ordering a spare drive belt. My limited experience with SF Moto makes me think that the staff is competent, so I can recommend them if you don't mind traveling to SF and can find a place to park.

My only complaint about SF Moto is that they seem to have a huge backlog of motorcycles that are being serviced or repaired and I would be concerned about how long it would take them to get to your bike if it needed such service.  Attached is a photo showing the alley where they park the bikes that are being stored during daylight until they can get around to working on them some day.  I assume that they stuff them inside in the evening.  I note that they apparently pay a homeless person to watch the bikes all day long so that they won't be stolen.  He sits in a chair on the opposite side of the alley watching over the bikes that are waiting for parts to arrive or service to be scheduled.

The other other Zero dealer that I know of in the Bay Area is San Jose BMW/Zero/etc.  But I have no experience with that shop.   ???

That sure is a lot of bikes waiting to be worked on.
2016 Zero S ZF13.0

c-fut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »

I'm in Oakland and travel to Contra Costa for servicing, just because of the SF Moto backlog. Contra Costa's service department has been fine so far as I can tell.

You had your zero worked on at Contra Costa? Or your ICE bike?

2016 Zero S ZF13.0

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 11:45:54 AM »

You had your zero worked on at Contra Costa? Or your ICE bike?

The Zero. I bought my DSR there
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

jheth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48:47 PM »

I got the charger on my 2015 SR replaced a couple months ago at SJ BMW. Very pleased with the experience. Service manager (Doug) is knowledgeable and respectful. Check-in can be slow if you're not the first in line at 9am when they open. They had my bike for a couple days, with a phone call to tell me it was done. Parking and overall access is very easy.
In spite of selling/servicing mostly gas bikes, these guys are serious about Zero and helping them be successful.
I recommend this shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 09:00:56 PM »

I got the charger on my 2015 SR replaced a couple months ago at SJ BMW. Very pleased with the experience. Service manager (Doug) is knowledgeable and respectful. Check-in can be slow if you're not the first in line at 9am when they open. They had my bike for a couple days, with a phone call to tell me it was done. Parking and overall access is very easy.
In spite of selling/servicing mostly gas bikes, these guys are serious about Zero and helping them be successful.
I recommend this shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problem with SJ is that I can't get home from the dealership on any sort of public transportation if they need to keep my bike overnight.  So I guess I am stuck with SF, as it only takes two hours (each way, plus a three-mile walk) to get there via local bus and BART.   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]