• April 28, 2024, 01:56:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Update for Zero App  (Read 3998 times)

grmarks

• View Profile
Re: Update for Zero App
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 08:13:49 AM »

Adding to the wish list, as already said, why not have WiFi (instead or in addition to) bluetooth. Have the WiFi turn on when the charger is plugged in, and then the bike could check for firmware updates itself, and download during the charge. Once downloaded it could send an alert to your phone asking when to apply the update. If no smartphone is configured, then put the question on the dash (when charger plugged in) apply at end of charge, or, ask me latter (meaning ask me again next time I plug the charger in - incase you need to charge and go).

Then maybe we wake up one morning and we have autopilot!!!!!

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 07:41:07 PM »

This is just a tiny addition to the app, but I would really like it: When you connect to the bike via your phone, have it set the clock on the bike to match the one on the phone. No more messing around with press-hold-release-press-pressagain and the like. And it would eliminate the need to do it all again every time Daylight Savings Time does its thing.

That is one of those simple things that makes so much sense when you say it... but no one thought of it before.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 08:13:44 PM »

This is just a tiny addition to the app, but I would really like it: When you connect to the bike via your phone, have it set the clock on the bike to match the one on the phone. No more messing around with press-hold-release-press-pressagain and the like. And it would eliminate the need to do it all again every time Daylight Savings Time does its thing.

Hear hear! Especially since my clock tends to run a little fast, but the only way of adjusting it is forward, and there's no press-and-hold function. So I have to press that stupid button 53 times to correct the clock, through the damn waterproofing rubber cap which makes feeling the button almost impossible.

Even just a manual clock adjustment feature would be very welcome on the app, but as Semper Why says, it could easily all be automated. These days, everything is wired into network time.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »

My on-board clock runs fast too.  That is why I bought a cheap stick-on clock and stuck it to the part of my right mirror that only shows my shoulder when I am riding.  It is more accurate that Zero's clock, so I only look at the stick-on and just check the Zero clock twice a year.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2016, 08:26:43 AM »

Since the last app update, I went back to the first post and edited the wish list we had.  It seems zero managed to cross of few items off it.  Thanks guys!

I particularly like being able to set up the riding screen in portrait mode.

One small bug I noticed though: it looks like when the power is in the centre of the riding screen, the writing is shifted to the left a bit too much.  Look at what happens when regen braking...
Owned:  2013 Zero DS (now dead)
Test rode:  2014 Zero S, SR, 2015 Zero FX, 2016 DSR and FXS
http://ptruchon.pagekite.me/

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 12:27:30 PM »

I like the notice of the vertical Riding Screen, but it does not work for me.

For me (Motorola MotoX) even DEMO mode won't show vertically. It flips back failing to connect (in DEMO mode it shouldn't try to connect).

So thanks for the post - because i wouldn't have tried vertical or even discovered it in DEMO.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:15:27 AM by ctrlburn »
Pages: 1 2 [3]