• April 28, 2024, 07:19:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zero adhesive sticker?  (Read 3476 times)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Re: Zero adhesive sticker?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 06:50:59 AM »

It hangs over the edge and interferes with any crouch position I've tried. It's totally distracting at that size on a Zero. Oh, and if I sit upright, a large tank bag obscures the instrument cluster!

It's worth noting that I have a J1772 inlet protruding at the front of my tank, which means I can't push it forward just behind the handlebars. Even so, the bag is just too big for the size of the Zero cockpit space for me.

That makes sense.  It's understandable that the larger size isn't for everyone but I really like having the extra space right in front of me.

When I was looking at mounting positions, at first I was trying to mount it so that I could use the J port without taking the tank bag off.  That didn't work  :'(  Just like you said it interferes with crouch position and just very distracting.  So I just moved it forward and the front of the bag goes over the top of the J port cap.  So I have to take the bag off when charging which isn't such a big deal to me especially since it's mounted with magnets instead of straps.  Getting it off is super easy and the flaps fold in nice and neat.

I think I am a little taller than you but not much and I don't have any issues seeing the dash....even when I expand it for max capacity.  At least for me, the tank bag is small enough and mounted in a position such that it doesn't bother me...unless I have it expanded...then it starts to get in the way of my normal movement on the bike.  But if I have it expanded then obviously I need all that extra space for a reason and so I just deal with it.

On my commute I don't use the tank bag.  I bought it for when I go out for a longer ride and I want to bring lots of extra gear that is better in a soft bag than a hard top box.  I have been thinking about getting another smaller tank bag for times when it's more appropriate....and then I wouldn't need to remove it to charge just like with your smaller tank bag  ;D

With this tank bag, the way I have it mounted, you can see how it blocks the J port cap.

As I'm sure you are aware, if I wanted to be able to charge the tank bag would actually need to be an inch or two behind the J port.  Which is what leads to it being in this awkward position with the back flap on the seat barely touching the tank at all.
2014 Zero S
Pages: 1 2 [3]