• April 27, 2024, 11:38:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Questions on FastCharging / DigiNow Supercharger  (Read 29447 times)

anton

• View Profile
Re: Questions on FastCharging / DigiNow Supercharger
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »

He has two 2.5kW Elcons. Get them mounted like saddle bags. Get one SCv2s in your tank, tie it to your onboard 1.3kW. 9.6kW total, just short of 1C.
I assumed "I'm only interested in scv2 if I can do 1C charging" means "1C charging with v2".

If you want to use Elcons in addition to v2, I would get 6.6 unit. You'll end up with 11.6 kW total without onboard.

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »

Closing note: today, pulling away from a stoplight, I got scortched by a guy on a smallish ICE. Ouch;
that doesn't happen much. Need ... more ... more ... torque ...

An SR has plenty of torque. It needs more power.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »

He has two 2.5kW Elcons. Get them mounted like saddle bags. Get one SCv2s in your tank, tie it to your onboard 1.3kW. 9.6kW total, just short of 1C.
I assumed "I'm only interested in scv2 if I can do 1C charging" means "1C charging with v2".

If you want to use Elcons in addition to v2, I would get 6.6 unit. You'll end up with 11.6 kW total without onboard.

I'm trying to save the guy a grand, and only charging 1.x kW slower.
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2017, 05:46:59 AM »

>means "1C charging with v2"
yes

>If you want to use Elcons in addition to v2

No, I'm thinking of v2 instead of my Elcons. Elcons work great, but the v2-s are much lighter/less bulky.
So I'm thinking of going v2 and selling the Elcons at a discount (50% off retail, perhaps, if anyone is interested ...)
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

shayan

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2017, 03:51:02 AM »

Hi,

Has this been tried/tested for a Brammo/Victory Empulse?
I see that the website mentions this would work for an Empulse. Anyone?

Thanks
-Shayan
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2017, 07:12:55 AM »

Has this been tried/tested for a Brammo/Victory Empulse?
I see that the website mentions this would work for an Empulse. Anyone?

Yes, I know one Empulse owner using the DigiNow Supercharger V2. Inquire when ordering if there's any special customization, but I think it's minimal, mainly concerning how to mount and connect it.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

shayan

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2017, 11:34:03 AM »

Yes, I know one Empulse owner using the DigiNow Supercharger V2. Inquire when ordering if there's any special customization, but I think it's minimal, mainly concerning how to mount and connect it.

Great! Whom should I contact to get more information? Is it available only through Hollywood Electrics?
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2017, 11:56:53 AM »

Yes contact Hollywood Electrics.  There is a waitlist and orders are being filled as soon as they can be delivered.  The superchargers are selling much faster than anyone expected and now the charger manufacturer is working as hard as they can to keep up.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

RickyTerzis

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2017, 11:41:35 PM »

Hi...i am a new user here.I think the strut support is more important than the case itself - as long as the mass is centered above the top plate, I wouldn't worry about the case as much as the rack.I've used padding to modestly even out the load and eliminate oscillations of the rack under load when going at highway speeds over bumps, but my Elcon 2500 ultimately wound up strapped to the passenger seat in a duffle bag or a pelican case because it was starting to strain my top rack and the OEM side rack over time.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2017, 03:42:39 AM »

Hi...i am a new user here.I think the strut support is more important than the case itself - as long as the mass is centered above the top plate, I wouldn't worry about the case as much as the rack.I've used padding to modestly even out the load and eliminate oscillations of the rack under load when going at highway speeds over bumps, but my Elcon 2500 ultimately wound up strapped to the passenger seat in a duffle bag or a pelican case because it was starting to strain my top rack and the OEM side rack over time.

Yes, I agree (and welcome!). The top rack needs reinforcement in order to handle 15lbs of load for any length of time, and the OEM side rack probably suffered from me putting an Elcon 2500 in a case repeatedly. At a minimum, it's worth stabilizing the top rack with padding between the tab and the tail plastics.

I did wind up putting my Elcon 2500 in a duffle bag and strapped that securely to the passenger seat and the top case to stabilize everything. I'd then open the duffle bag from the top and in front to pull out the charger, hook up the cables and use it. I tried a Pelican case, but it was difficult to find one large enough to enclose it well yet not interfere with a good riding posture.

FYI, the charger under discussion here is 7lbs for each modular 3.3kW unit, so it's easier to distribute the load, and that's 6.6kW per 15lbs instead of 2.5kW for the 15lb Elcon 2500.

The Happy Trails side rack for Zero is very sturdy and more ready to support a charger on each side. (Side Racks reference: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Zero_Aftermarket#Side_Rack)
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2017, 12:09:02 AM »

Exactly 15 lbs for 6.6 kW vs the 30 pounds for just 5.0 kW means the new superchargers can be a solution for people who wanted the old Elcons but couldn't figure out how to mount them.  Not only were they heavy but big too.  A year from now and I think most Zero owners who travel will have a supercharger because it's so small and light and powerful.  I wish these were available in 2014 when I was doing my Iron Butt.  Would have been so much easier!
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2017, 03:02:15 PM »

Just a queustion about the usage of the Diginow v2's. It's probably mentioned somewehere but I can't find it in the dayly growing bunch of posts  ;D

I was wondering if the Diginow is capable of closing the contactor by itself or does one need to key the bike on and once the charge is engaged the ignition keys can be removed?

And if it can close it by itself how is this being done? I'm asking this becourse I'm working on a Eltek charger setup and run into this issue. It would be so elegantely if a charger can activate the contactor by itself.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2017, 03:46:55 AM »

Just a queustion about the usage of the Diginow v2's. It's probably mentioned somewehere but I can't find it in the dayly growing bunch of posts  ;D

I was wondering if the Diginow is capable of closing the contactor by itself or does one need to key the bike on and once the charge is engaged the ignition keys can be removed?

The key needs to be on to start the charge unless you are simultaneously using the onboard charger.
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2017, 08:49:12 AM »

And if it can close it by itself how is this being done? I'm asking this becourse I'm working on a Eltek charger setup and run into this issue. It would be so elegantely if a charger can activate the contactor by itself.

power on the onboard charger, then have a short delay (or wait until you see the voltage on the charger connector) then start.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2017, 03:43:33 AM »

I'm testing a bit with a water cooled duo brick via the aux port but I'm not getting full power.

Screenshot with onboard charger:

Current testing setup:

According to the Diginow site I should be getting 76A with help from the onboard charger. There is a low power switch for destination Mennekes charging because a lot of those are 3 phase 16A but the charger that I use for testing is an L3 that has 43kW to offer.
I suspect that it is in destination mode but to be honest I have no idea how to turn that off, can't see any switches or similar.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21