• April 29, 2024, 01:22:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2  (Read 31139 times)

Neuer_User

• View Profile
Re: My homemade 'Supercharger' for a ZERO Version 2
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2017, 02:43:38 PM »

Ah, that explains. Since I didn't cut the plug (yet) I can't use stations with a provided Mennekes cable...
Here in Switzerland we have these types of stations also with a type 2 socket.
Also, there is not only the emergency stop button. You are also able to (start and) stop the charging via the touchscreen.

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2017, 03:45:45 PM »

In Holland, most of the charge point are like on the picture, just a small box on a pole with a light (to indicate free, charging or error) and a spot to hold the RFID tag to start and stop charging. No touchscreen, no stop button, just a type 2 socket.

Other versions are a larger box, but still only a type 2 socket, light and RFID reader
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2017, 09:30:47 PM »

I just tought about that yesterday...

These flatpack S  are not just compact.. they can also take DC at their INPUT !!  at up to 250VDC

Witch mean that if you want 10kW+ and add many for ultrafast charging as you dont have may 40A+ level II charge station in your area,   it would be possible to connect these to a Chademo or SAE combo DC level 3 charger with the proper interface and connector.

The chademo can do 250Vdc if i remmeber correctly.

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2017, 11:24:06 PM »

These flatpack S  are not just compact.. they can also take DC at their INPUT !!  at up to 250VDC

Witch mean that if you want 10kW+ and add many for ultrafast charging as you dont have may 40A+ level II charge station in your area,   it would be possible to connect these to a Chademo or SAE combo DC level 3 charger with the proper interface and connector.

Doc

this is likely true of all the chargers we currently use. 

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2017, 11:44:59 PM »

Doc

I believe SCv2 cannot take DC at this point, but I'm told this may be changeable in software. But it kind of defeats the point. If you can get a station to deliver the DC at the right voltage and amperage, it is the charger.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2017, 12:17:10 AM »

Doc

I believe SCv2 cannot take DC at this point, but I'm told this may be changeable in software. But it kind of defeats the point. If you can get a station to deliver the DC at the right voltage and amperage, it is the charger.
While I agree, the problem is the implementation (not the spec) of DC fast chargers. They are intended for cars and will not always go low enough to charge the zero. Cars tend to be in the 400v range.

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2017, 02:36:53 AM »

If the ChaDeMo or CSS standard implements the standard LiPo charge curve of CC/CV then I'm very curious how a chargepoint would react to the type of load an intermediate charger would present, let alone the HF that these PSU's can inject on the powerline...

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2017, 03:30:07 AM »

If the ChaDeMo or CSS standard implements the standard LiPo charge curve of CC/CV then I'm very curious how a chargepoint would react to the type of load an intermediate charger would present, let alone the HF that these PSU's can inject on the powerline...

The charging curve is not in the charger or CCS protocoll - its in the car. The car asks for specific voltage and current via the communication line and the charger will take care of reaching these values. Basically a PID regulator just like remmie does with his flatpacks to archive a certain current. So you would just need a pcb capable of CCS communication and ask for 250 DC with some current.

Actually I already talked with someone who generally might be able to design a pcb capable of CCS, but as always lack of time will be a huge issue for that.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2017, 12:15:54 AM »

Doc

While I agree, the problem is the implementation (not the spec) of DC fast chargers. They are intended for cars and will not always go low enough to charge the zero. Cars tend to be in the 400v range.

Actually, I'm told the number of stations that don't meet the proper spec (i.e. ability to provide 90-117v DC) are quite low, that there was a chademo network using the bad stations that was poised to grow rapidly and then didn't and that good Chademo chargers now outnumber the problematic ones.  It's a shame the Zero Chademo project hasn't revived.  It's a shame they aren't providing some older units to some trusted outside parties for testing (hint hint)

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2017, 12:18:56 AM »

And in addition, a CCS system, which is a derivate, while we're at it although ChaDeMo would be awesome already ;)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »

Actually, I'm told the number of stations that don't meet the proper spec (i.e. ability to provide 90-117v DC) are quite low, that there was a chademo network using the bad stations that was poised to grow rapidly and then didn't and that good Chademo chargers now outnumber the problematic ones.  It's a shame the Zero Chademo project hasn't revived.  It's a shame they aren't providing some older units to some trusted outside parties for testing (hint hint)

If that is true, then the only thing holding Chademo back is the lack of open documentation. A small portable connector that lets chademo plug into the charge port would be a cool thing.

ammonsh

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2017, 09:01:56 AM »

Does anyone know where I can buy a pre-made extension cord that will prevent me from having to constantly plug in my auxiliary chargers into the Anderson port?

It would be so nice to access the auxiliary charger while standing!   ;)

wijnand71

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »

Well, I just made one myself.. I found this grabbing and searching for the anderson also very unpractical.
I put on one end the brown Anderson and on the other side a bigger version, which can be put in a rubber environmental boot. It fits nicely in this little corner. It's a SB-120 if I remember correctly.
This sits on the right side of the bike, feels more naturual to have it on this side.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:23:49 PM by wijnand71 »

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 19, 2017, 01:20:47 AM »

It's a human right to have a little extender ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 19, 2017, 03:10:25 AM »

... I put on one end the brown Anderson and on the other side a bigger version, which can be put in a rubber environmental boot. It fits nicely in this little corner. ...

I like the holster effect.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23