• April 29, 2024, 04:39:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero X Review | Video Of Zero X On Track  (Read 1812 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:14:04 PM by skadamo »

Bogan

• View Profile
Re: Zero X Review | Video Of Zero X On Track
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

hmmm, the specs all seem to stack up well for this bike, and they claim it is similar in performance to a 250. But im yet to see anything that even remotely resembles this, the biggest jump i cud find on youtube was about 10m, and nowhere are there any full on burm-roosting corner shots. My conclusion is they either have an extremely poor marketing division, or it is a false claim. Dont get me wrong i would really love to see electric bikes taking on the traditional dirtbikes, but making false claims will do more harm than good.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:31:10 PM »

I think they mean the engine performance to weight ratio when they claim performance of a 250.  But yeah Bogan, I am gonna have to agree with you.  I want to see some one run it through an MX whoop section. 

Marketing the Zero X as an MX bike might be a risky sell.  I hope they don't go that route. 

I really like the niche the X carves for itself.  Somewhere between Mountain bike and dirt bike. 

If you look at thier parts section...
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/store.php
...you can get a complete wheel set for < $400.  Less than rear wheel of an MX bike.  Awsome.

Bogan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:06:54 PM »

ahh, that makes a lot more sense, i was thinking they were trying to compete with mx bikes
Pages: [1]