• April 27, 2024, 04:28:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eco Motorcycles Vigo  (Read 4341 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Eco Motorcycles Vigo
« on: January 08, 2017, 10:59:27 PM »

I searched for 'Vigo' across the whole forum and got nothing, so this might be breaking news:

http://eco-motorcycles.co.uk/vigo

400 mile range, 120 hp, £6,000.

It must be a hoax. Especially for the price! Someone's idea of a joke.  I love the idea though and someone has gone to some effort to create the website.

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Eco Motorcycles Vigo
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:44:02 AM »

I searched for 'Vigo' across the whole forum and got nothing, so this might be breaking news:

It must be a hoax. Especially for the price! Someone's idea of a joke.  I love the idea though and someone has gone to some effort to create the website.

I agree.  That is fantasy land stuff.  More like a $40,000 vehicle.  My guess is that they are trolling for investors and hope to hook a big fish with the admittedly nice computer-generated graphics.  I see that you can sign up for test rides - just don't hold your breath and certainly don't put down a deposit.   ::) 
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:50:46 AM »

I agree.  That is fantasy land stuff.  More like a $40,000 vehicle.  My guess is that they are trolling for investors and hope to hook a big fish with the admittedly nice computer-generated graphics.  I see that you can sign up for test rides - just don't hold your breath and certainly don't put down a deposit.   ::)
They have video testimonials on their site - all Zero owners!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

NEW2elec

• View Profile

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:16:09 AM »

They appear to have some office in Shoreditch and advertise Zeros for sale:

http://eco-motorcycles.co.uk/stores

If they aren't a Zero dealership, they're going to have some problems with copyright for those videos, and if they are, they're probably going to have a different kind of legal notice given...
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »

Reading the site suggests that English is not their first language. Some kind of Chinese or Russian or Nigerian scam?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 06:53:35 PM »

eco-motorcycles.com
redirects to:
eco-motorcycles.co.uk

Registered by Timothy Sergeev
https://angel.co/timothy-sergeev
Executive at Vigo Motorcycles. Bachelor degree in IT. Skills at: Software, Hardware and Applications development; International Trading; Motorcycles, etc.
SAINT PETERSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY · 2009 Master's
HIGHER SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS · 2008
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON · 2004

timofeybm@gmail.com

Website says "I am afraid but our company has suspended Zero motorcycle dealership."

I didn't completely audit all versions WAYBACK the Zero dealer website to determine if this was a fallen Zero dealer or not, but it looks unlikely.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 08:54:26 PM »

Website says "I am afraid but our company has suspended Zero motorcycle dealership."

I take it he didn't major in English at college.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »

I've also found this:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10544565

Mr Sergeev has literally just setup this company.  It was incorporated on 3rd Jan 2017 with assets of £1,000.

The business address can't be more than a PO Box.  I doubt there is even an office in that building.

I looked at his LinkedIn profile and Companies House serves up a home address for his other company, Langwiser Ltd.  Ironically, it's some kind of language learning website but the URL can no longer be resolved.  Anyhow, if you want a hoot, check out his apparent home address on Google Maps:

https://goo.gl/maps/UpM1CZ5BQAA2

It's somewhere up near Aberdeen in Scotland - a long way from London.

I found out about this company/website from my father-in-law.  It randomly turned up in his Facebook feed and he sent me the link in Messenger.  I wonder if it was an advert or just a co-incidence.  He's not into Motorcycles at all and he'd say himself that he's too old for it now.  Not a very well targeted marketing effort...

If the guy has genuine ambitions, I don't think he's got off to a good start with it all.  He's put some effort in though; creating a company and that website.  If the rendering of that illusive bike is original, then that would have taken some time too.  For what purpose?  Is that all it takes to try and raise some venture capital?  Surely investors aren't that stupid?

I guess this whole thing is a waste of time, but I hope you've found it of interest.  There's got to be a story there somewhere!

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 12:30:38 AM »

Great detective work!
2010 Brammo Enertia

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 04:48:58 AM »

Thanks! Between us, we could set up our own agency: Zero PI. ;-)

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »

- pure fantasy specs
- no photographs of an actual machine
- badly-done computer rendering
- pleas for investment

Bullshit, stay away.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 09:51:24 PM »

MotoFire asked... and has a reply from Timothy.

http://www.motofire.com/2017/01/news/is-the-400-mile-range-vigo-electric-motorcycle-too-good-to-be-true/

You can read the whole article... but I clipped the Reply below.

“The main reason we’ve published only certain, limited information about the motorcycle because the only our advantage against competitors is a time. Not only consumers is watching us, but competitors as well. Even though we’re experiencing some skepticism among some people we simply can’t reveal all information until time comes. If some of our competitor knows our technology, with a right investment, it doesn’t take long to copy the product and issue something similar.

Our prototype is still in development. We’ve been working a bit more than a year on driving components and further 4 months for a design only. But because the only difference between good vehicle and an awesome one is its software. We have to spend between 5-9 months to finish the prototype and reveal it to our supporters and investors.

The way we’ve achieved our characteristics because we’ve chosen a different approach (not inventive one) but rather exploring – to find an early stage companies who works on potential projects and collaborate with them. But because we have a very international team initially we were looking globally, we’ve currently combined technological achievements of 5 different countries. I think this is what differs us from our competitors.

Our price is low because in order to gain investments, open a production and break even we’ve decided to lower marginal profit within first years to minimum. On top of that our partner is going to produce batteries, so we don’t have to spend a penny to that. Furthermore we’re also have to cut expensive components as brakes, suspension, tires (good one, but with a lower price range).

So our aim right know is to gain enough interest among future costumers. Gain enough supporters to back up our Kickstarter complain to help us to finish the prototype. This is the main reason we went public so early. Assuming that you work for motorcycle magazine we have an offer to you. If you tell your readers about our project – you’ll be among the first to review our prototype as soon as it’s ready of course.

If you have any more questions, please, do not hesitate to ask them.

Best Regards, Timothy
Executive at Vigo Motorcycles”

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 10:20:53 PM »

They ( He? ) also have a youtube video.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 05:29:58 AM »

They ( He? ) also have a youtube video.

And their video ends in: "invest in the future (that would be them) today".  Like I said before, trolling for dollars (or in this case, Pounds).  Good luck ever seeing that money again, or that vehicle in the future.   ::)

However, they do seem to be able to spread their message.  I saw a link to their website on the Royal Enfield forum.   :o
Pages: [1] 2