• April 28, 2024, 02:40:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero Motorcycle Insurance - UK  (Read 3821 times)

alexanderfoti

• View Profile
Re: Zero Motorcycle Insurance - UK
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 10:40:51 PM »

I have had a fully comp quote of £2600 for a DSR on wicked quotes. Way too much.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »

When you have someone sitting infront of you or on the phone, be sure to tell them the bike makes 22hp. The owners manual for all the 2016 bikes say 22hp, SR or not.

If you let them just go look at the SR online, the Zero website will compare the torque with a literbike. That will make your quote insane.

meanwhile, if you have them look at the honest 22hp spec, they will compare it with 250cc-ish models. That should help.

alexanderfoti

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 11:44:26 PM »

When you have someone sitting infront of you or on the phone, be sure to tell them the bike makes 22hp. The owners manual for all the 2016 bikes say 22hp, SR or not.

If you let them just go look at the SR online, the Zero website will compare the torque with a literbike. That will make your quote insane.

meanwhile, if you have them look at the honest 22hp spec, they will compare it with 250cc-ish models. That should help.

I wish there was a modicum of common sense in the insurance industry over here.

They look up the model, and its insurance group rating (a number). They then insure you on that, that's it, there is very little movement on the specification of the bike.

If the bike doesn't have a rating, then you would have to get the underwriters to rate it themselves (would never happen). Additionally, as we have no direct contact with the underwriters, its Chinese whispers to the reason they have actually declined it. They said "sorry, underwriters refuse to insure" and that's it.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

Wow. Getting insurance isn't cheap or easy! I'm very tempted at there moment to go for a Zero (SR or FXS) but costs are making it look less and less likely.

I'm a pretty safe bet and my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 only cost me £108 fully comp. However, the best quotes I've got so far are £553 for the SR or £237 for the FXS - from Wicked Quotes. That's going to write off any potential savings on fuel/tax/servicing.

Also had a call from a dealer with a potentially good deal off RRP on a demo SR. That's until you realise the RRP has jumped from the £13500 he told me last week to £15300.

Much as I want a Zero, I might be sticking with the Dorsoduro.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 04:49:04 PM »

I'm with Ageas Insurance (part of the prudential) my renewal came through yesterday, and that was a couple of hundred for my 2015 SR.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »

Interesting. None of the brokers I called (Lenham, Wicked, AA) came up with Ageas. Was this direct or through a broker? [I just checked and Ageas only deal through brokers.]

Ironically I worked for Ageas (Life) Insurance until recently when the life insurance bit was sold to AIG.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:17:50 PM by Fred »
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 10:46:21 PM »

I just got a new quote for swapping my Aprilia Dorsoduro over to a Zero FXS. Maybe it's due to the lower purchase price after the subsidy, but they now quoted me £101! That's lower than the Dorsoduro (£108). I went with Wicked Quotes for the DD because they could cover electric bikes and said I could transfer it over.

So how much will they refund? It'll cost me £52.40 in admin fees. Bastards.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

buutvrij for life

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2017, 04:51:15 PM »

I pay € 68,- a year. Unfortunatly, for you guys, i live across the North-sea...
pre-owned: Suzuki Intruder, Suzuki GSX-R750, Honda Fireblade '05, Honda Fireblade '09, Honda VFR1200F, Honda Fury 1300 CXA, Govecs Go! 1.2S, Zero DS 12.5, Honda NC750 X DCT, now Triumph Bonneville T120

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 05:40:04 AM »

Daylight robbery, that's what it is! I hope someone finds this info useful.
[/quote]

Serves you right for inventing insurance over there! Haha!
I have Progressive (USA) which is very reasonable even if Flo is super annoying all bleached out an that. The Geico lizard is the worst, if I ever see that little green bastard, I may step on him!
Pages: 1 [2]