• April 29, 2024, 02:03:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Charging suddenly stopped working  (Read 405 times)

Tony

• View Profile
Charging suddenly stopped working
« on: September 08, 2017, 06:05:11 AM »

I have a 2016 DSR, with the latest firmware, and suddenly it will no longer charge. When I connect it to the charger, I get the charging click sound and the green charging light starts blinking. But, the estimated time left to charge reads 0000 and no matter how long it is plugged in there is no progress, although the charging light keeps blinking as normal. I tried both public charging spots as well as private one at home. Same result.

This issue has occurred before, but then I think the charging station was down as I could charge as normal again when I switched to another outlet later. Could be connected though...

Now there is not even enough charge left to get to the Zero service shop...  Is there anything I can try at home that you guys know of? :S

Emtkopan

• View Profile
Re: Charging suddenly stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »

I have a 2016 SR and it stopped charging as well. With mine however there was no clicking sound and no lights turned on. If you have a quick charger that can connect to the Anderson port, try that. I had just enough juice to do a full log of the bike and the battery and emailed it to Zero and myself so I had a copy. I then called Zero support and left them a voicemail. Within a day or two I got an email and a call from Zero tech support. Apparently my charger had gone bad and they are replacing it under warranty. Yay Zero!!!

Tony

• View Profile
Re: Charging suddenly stopped working
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 06:18:45 AM »

I have a 2016 SR and it stopped charging as well. With mine however there was no clicking sound and no lights turned on. If you have a quick charger that can connect to the Anderson port, try that. I had just enough juice to do a full log of the bike and the battery and emailed it to Zero and myself so I had a copy. I then called Zero support and left them a voicemail. Within a day or two I got an email and a call from Zero tech support. Apparently my charger had gone bad and they are replacing it under warranty. Yay Zero!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience. After leaving the bike charging over night, finally the charging light kicked the bucket as well. And when pulling the plug then reconnecting later, there was no clicking sound or charging light anymore. So, RIP...

Ended up driving a slow route to the service place in ECO-mode. The trip took more than an hour, barely managed to get there on what juice was left, phew. So, they will replace the fuse and the charger once the parts they ordered arrives. Zero has really good after service. :)
Pages: [1]