• April 27, 2024, 08:40:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fiat-Chrysler's turn on the hot seat  (Read 370 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Fiat-Chrysler's turn on the hot seat
« on: January 13, 2017, 05:47:40 AM »

Now it is Fiat-Chrysler turn to pollute. The CBS TV evening news today is reporting that the company has installed emission control cheating software on their 2014-2016 diesel trucks. Both the U.S. EPA and CARB are making this claim, which is denied by Fiat's CEO, naturally. He claims the company is innocent and both agencies are smoking the good stuff. No big surprise, there. And so it goes....  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Shifty

• View Profile
Re: Fiat-Chrysler's turn on the hot seat
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:01:42 AM »

Could be good news for the EV crowd.

After the amount of money that VW is being forced to spend on clean tech (and not allowed to self promote!), it may spell some infrastructure upgrades in the future.

Bit optimistic to think that they'll actually do something useful with it, but we can dream...

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 06:31:57 AM »

Makes me wonder if they are wishing they would of just gone hybrid for better fuel economy. 

StraydogEOD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:51 PM »

It affects the Jeep Grand Cherokee too since it has the option of the same Italian made 3.0L V6.  I have a Ram 1500 with the Ecodiesel and I love the truck so I'm hoping it's in fact not true however I read somewhere that FCA used the same company for their emissions control hardware/software (Bosch I believe?) which makes the case easy for the prosecution.  I really want to keep my truck but I think this could be the end of FCA's light diesel program.  I love the economy and power I get out of my EcoD. I can get over 600 miles from a tank of fuel and when I did an almost all highway trip from Philadelphia to VA Beach I averaged 31 mpgs which is pretty damn good for a full size 4x4 truck.

Chevy has (or had?) a hybrid Silverado 1500.  Didn't do well.  Supposedly Ford is coming out with one but it just doesn't seem to fit the full size pickup market well according to sales.  Perhaps the market will change but personally I doubt it.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/04/are-hybrid-pickups-the-way-to-go.html
Pages: [1]