• April 29, 2024, 01:29:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help needed: Kickstand "bent"  (Read 1778 times)

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
Re: Help needed: Kickstand "bent"
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 07:07:22 PM »

From the photos you supplied the arm looks in-line with the bracket, I doubt its the clevis pin, my money is on a bent bracket.
My dealer tested the cleavis pin and told me that this seems to be ok.

So, he ordered everything from Zero that might be bent, bracker, kickstand, not sure, if even more. He told me that the spare parts are rather cheap from Zero, so that is not a problem. But the waiting time might become am issue. So, he rather orders everything that might need replacement at once instead of trying one thing first and then the next and the next.

I just hope that they have the spare parts available in NL, so that they hopefully are with my dealer in only a few days...

That is one really nice thing about the Zero is the price of replacement parts.  The trade off is the 6 weeks or more of waiting.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 12:54:21 AM »

Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 12:45:42 PM »

From the photos you supplied the arm looks in-line with the bracket, I doubt its the clevis pin, my money is on a bent bracket.
My dealer tested the cleavis pin and told me that this seems to be ok.

So, he ordered everything from Zero that might be bent, bracker, kickstand, not sure, if even more. He told me that the spare parts are rather cheap from Zero, so that is not a problem. But the waiting time might become am issue. So, he rather orders everything that might need replacement at once instead of trying one thing first and then the next and the next.

I just hope that they have the spare parts available in NL, so that they hopefully are with my dealer in only a few days...

That is one really nice thing about the Zero is the price of replacement parts.  The trade off is the 6 weeks or more of waiting.
Here's some update on the status:
The bike is now in the third week at the dealers side.The dealer had ordered the spare parts more or less immediately. Two weeks after the order with no response from Zero he called the NL distribution base to get told that they have all parts in stock and can send them immediately, which my dealer then, of course, asked them to do.
It took them another week to send the parts "immediately". My dealer did not get any notification from Zero, but received an email from FedEx about a package that will arrive at his place in the middle of next week. He assumes it is the parts he ordered for me. If he is right I will get my bike back in the second half of next week, which means altogether it took four weeks to replace the kickstand :(

I really hope I NEVER get any serious problem with my bike!

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 01:02:01 PM »

Well, I wouldn't have left it there just for a bend kickstand if it's riding fine otherwise...
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »

Well, I wouldn't have left it there just for a bend kickstand if it's riding fine otherwise...
Yeah, I was very reluctant to do that. But the dealer told me that 1) I really shouldn't drive with it and 2) he thought that he can repair it without spare parts. I brought the bike to him just before Eastern (when I was visiting family anyway) and hoped I could get it back shortly after Eastern, when I am back. If I knew that it would take four weeks, I would definitely never have given the bike to the dealer.

In case of such a light issue, I would definitely prefer to have the dealer order any potentially needed spare parts and bring the bike to him, when he has received the parts. Or for this issue, even just send them to me.

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 07:14:08 PM »

Update:
Zero finally delivered the spare parts YESTERDAY. So, that is about four week after order and three weeks after they confirmed that all parts are on stock.

My dealer ordered all potentially damaged parts of the kickstand. While Zero, unfortunately, send the wrong kickstand, we were lucky as it was the bracket that was bent. So, my dealer exchange the bracket and I can get my bike back next week.

In the end, there are two learnings from this:
  • Zero really has an awful after sales service!!! :(
  • In case of such an accident, the bracket is, indeed, the most prominent candidate for bending

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »

Sounds like one more "typical" about a month-long service ... For likely parts to break like belts and bar ends, my dealer stocks them precisely to avoid such long delays. But they can't afford (I guess) to stock much more than that, so it takes weeks to get them from Zero.

Glad you sorted it!
'15 Zero SR
Pages: 1 [2]