• April 27, 2024, 09:27:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CCS for Zero ?  (Read 1054 times)

electrictwowheeler

• View Profile
Re: CCS for Zero ?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 03:11:36 AM »

In the US, I think the only significant user of CHAdeMO was the Nissan Leaf. Nissan has since moved to CCS for other EVs, and when they stop making the Leaf I think that will be it for CHAdeMO here.

Many new DC chargers in my area ( Oregon ) now have both types of plugs or there is at least one unit in a group with a Chademo plug so Chademo is not dead but it seems inevitable that it will disappear, but not yet.
2020 SR/S Premium
2007 Vectrix Lithium Conversion

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: CCS for Zero ?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2022, 12:58:01 PM »

Which is pretty funny considering Energica announced ChaDeMo compatibility earlier this year!
Here in the USA, the norm just a couple of years ago was to have CCS on one side, CHAdeMO on the other of each (non-Tesla) DC charger.

Now it's common for there to be four CCS chargers, CCS on BOTH sides on three of them and one charger with CCS on one side and CHAdeMO on the other side.

IOW, seven CCS and one CHAdeMO.

I assume when I see this, both charge hoses can be used at the same time, unlike before. The norm used to be if you needed CCS and somebody else was using the CHAdeMO on the same charger, you were out of luck.

It would make no sense at all to have two CCS charge hoses if only one could be used.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X