• April 28, 2024, 05:50:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Front brake upgrade?  (Read 1235 times)

Doug S

• View Profile
Re: Front brake upgrade?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 12:28:34 AM »

I have overheard from the mechanical engineers that they've been waiting to do this for a long time and the costs to implement this are prohibitive so they have to be careful which year they dump that money into it to pay off properly.

That's always the case. The engineers would love nothing better than to put on all the sexy hardware, but the bean-counters insist it's too expensive. It's management's duty to find the right compromise.

The REAL inter-departmental challenge is to give the end user as much of the sexy hardware as you can, at a price that keeps you in the right market space.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 01:24:23 AM »

Killroy contact Harlan for pricing as he told me it was still in the test stages.  Frankly I don't know if the price he talked about was just forks and clamps or a whole new front end with brakes.

I bet it was just one part and we are talking about a $2000 upgrade.

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 01:40:23 AM »

Zero is a company that is still trying to be profitable, so everyone that has a Zero now is a early adopter and bells and whistles are not available yet. 

Before the SR, there was a philosophy that Zero owners wanted to just put around in eco mode.  Internally, the Zero SR was a hard sell and then it did great. So, the single disc is in line with the old philosophy.

I would like to race anyone that thinks my brakes are under powered.   ;D

Really you can do a lot with a grippy brake pads.  I've done it on other motorcycles that I would take to the track. 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:34:27 PM by Killroy »
Pages: 1 [2]