• April 29, 2024, 01:54:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Should I expect the dealer to charge the bike?  (Read 603 times)

francesco

• View Profile
Should I expect the dealer to charge the bike?
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:16:55 AM »

Should I expect the dealer to charge the bike? Given the exorbitant amount of money I am charged for the yearly service ($230, I know it's the Bay Area, but still...) I would expect at the very least to find the bike fully charged.

However, they consistently don't do it.
My dealer is at the edge of my round-trip range (~37+37 miles, I have a 2015 Zero S 9.4), so if it's slightly colder or there is some head-wind I can't make it in a single charge.
The first time (~1 year ago) I thought it was just a misunderstanding and didn't complain too much. They let me plug in for 30 minutes or so (they were about to close shop at the end of the day) and that was enough for me to get back with a few percent of battery left.

This year, aware of the problem, I explicitly asked that they plug in the bike before and after servicing and I was reassured that they will certainly do so. When I picked up the bike this morning (they kept it overnight, so they just needed to plug it in in the evening!), it was exactly the same SoC as I left it the day before (~48%). When I complained, they were somewhat apologetic about it and plugged in with a quick charger. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to wait long, guesstimated that 54% SoC (~30 minutes 2.6 kW charging) would be enough and made it to work with 2% SoC left.

Now, what is the experience people have with dealers? Should I find a better one for next year (I have one other option at the ~same distance) or just suck it up? Do we consider charging a courtesy not to be taken for granted or it should be expected as part of the servicing?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:18:27 AM by francesco »

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Should I expect the dealer to charge the bike?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:49:16 PM »

Should I expect the dealer to charge the bike?
Yes.

Try the other dealer next year.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Re: Should I expect the dealer to charge the bike?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »

Dealers who know what they are doing will charge your bike upon completing service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549
Pages: [1]