• April 29, 2024, 06:07:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Solved: Full regen instead of 50%  (Read 1642 times)

Kocho

• View Profile
Re: Solved: Full regen instead of 50%
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »

What "cover" are you describing? The rubber dust cap? The replacement lever I had was exactly the same as the original that came from the factory. The little pin is indeed not that hard to rotate with the hex key, but it seems to stay put on mine for now (and the original has been fine for a couple of years and several thousand miles too).
'15 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 04:35:36 AM »

Blue loctite threadlocker is a good idea if a set screw like that turns too easily.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 10:55:05 PM »

I'm having a related issue.

From what I've read and hopefully understood, my push pin is already loosened in a way that the brake engages later and regen can be activated without actually engaging the brake pads. The lever travel before actually braking seems and feels unsafe to me. I used to be able to hit the throttle cover with my brake lever, resulting in visible marks/scratches. For now, I turned the whole throttle installation when adjusting the handle bar angle. I made sure there is no air in the brake system by bleeding it and putting new brake fluid in. Still, the problem remains. Since I bought the bike second-hand the original owner might have adjusted this without telling me. This is likely because the preowner was a motorcycle mechanic (working for a Zero reseller) who replaced the front brake under warranty due to some unspecified problem.

I inspected the brake system several times and I was (to my emberassement) not able to find the hex screw (on 2015 SR) that can adjust this push pin. Do you have any advice or photos that might help me find the screw and solve my problem? Thanks in advance :)

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 11:36:58 PM »

The hex screw is visible from the side of the handlebars. It is not metric, grab your SAE hex keys. I think there were photos on the links above in the unofficial owners manual, in the section for adjusting the front brake lever.

I know what you are describing - when I loosened my pin too far away from the master cylinder, it too resulted in very late brake engagement (after regen) and a very squishy brake lever that I could fully squeeze all the way to the throttle. Not good. So I tightened things-up a bit on that pin and got to a nice balance where regen would easily engage before the brake, but the brake would feel normal and not squishy. If yours does, then you should bleed it or look for worn brake pads or other issues.

Sorry, I sold my bike so can't take a photo for you. Look here and there is also another link there for adjusting the screw.

http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#Front_brake_lever
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:38:40 PM by Kocho »
'15 Zero SR

madcow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 04:31:57 AM »

Thank you, Kocho. I'll try to find it the way you described it next time I can work on my bike :)
Pages: 1 [2]